🤍 Chapter 21

Author's Note:

Hi, you guys! <3

If you haven't seen my announcements on my message board, here is a quick summary.

Since we are getting close to the end of Lia and Aonung's love story, I decided to give y'all a little early sneak peek at the next book I'll be working on.

As per your guys' inputs under my message board, I will be writing the Aonung x OC (Enemies to Lovers) book after this book ends.

The introduction, along with a little video, is now up on my profile! I will post a prologue tomorrow!

The title of the book is called 'Behind Those Eyes'.

.

.

.

🤍

.

.

.

Outside the Sully's Marui pod, the children lingered as they eavesdropped on their parents arguing inside.

In the aftermath of tending to Lia's wounds and her health with Ronal, Neytiri was distraught.

Fortunately, her daughter and grandchild did not suffer any harm.

"Does this mean we have to move again?" Tuk asked Neteyam as she clutched his arm.

Patting her head gently, he sighed. "I don't know, Tuk. But no matter what happens, we'll always be together."

Listening to their parents' voices, the siblings exchanged nervous glances.

"We must get rid of these demons once and for all," Neytiri cried in frustration.

"I know, I know," Jake said calmly, trying to comfort her. "But we gotta be smart about it. We can't just dive right in without a plan."

"They had our children, Ma Jake..." Her eyes gleamed with tears.

He embraced her tightly, his expression softening.

"Hey, look, the important thing is that we got everyone back together. I don't know and I've got nothing right now, but what I do know is that wherever we go, this family is our fortress."

"I'm scared," Kiri whispered, prompting Neteyam to put his arm around her shoulder.

Tuk looked at her older siblings with sad eyes as she grasped Loak's hand.

In her Marui, Lia lay still as the rain poured into the night, waiting for her lover to return.

With each passing minute, she grew more concerned. Everyone had returned safe and sound except for Aonung and Tonowari.

She desperately wanted to run outside and look for him, but Ronal forbid her to move.

The stress from the incident had negatively affected her pregnancy. To ensure her baby's health, she was to stay bedridden for the next few days.

Suddenly, the curtain hanging over the entrance was pulled aside and there stood her mate, drenched from head to toe.

"Lia," he whispered, his eyes locked on her.

"Aonung! Thank Eywa, you're okay." Without a care in the world, she tossed the blanket aside as he pulled her into his arms.

While still on his knees, he tightened his embrace around her, clinging to her as if she were his lifeline.