🤍 Chapter 19

The past few days flew by like a breeze.

Luam was slowly healing, while Ezaa and Faytu were harshly reprimanded by Ronal, who punished them with communal cleaning duties until tomorrow when the former villagers will return home.

Since Aonung refused to let Lia examine Luam's recovery process, Ronal had to go in place of her. Instead, she had been teaching Siwei how to weave with Kiri.

There was a fresh and crisp smell in the morning air.

While gathered in a circle for today's weaving lesson, a certain Metkayina girl looked elated, eliciting strange glances from the Sully sisters.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and saw Neteyam smiling down at her as he handed her a leaf plate of food.

They shared a brief moment of eye contact before he went on his way.

Kiri exchanged glances with Lia, scrunching her nose in disgust at Siwei, who happily dug into her food.

"You guys kissed, didn't you?"

Her sudden question prompted Siwei's eyes to widen, her cheeks turning hot.

"W-What makes you say that, Kiri?"

"It's so obvious!" She rolled her eyes. "Netty didn't return until late last night and you're like, extra chirpy so early in the morning. Plus, he just gave you food."

"Kiri," Lia reprimanded her sister.

"We went on a date last night. Since I will be leaving tomorrow, he took me on a night ride on his ikran," she admitted, a shy expression on her face.

"That's so romantic. I hope you both had a good time together," Lia exclaimed.

"Well, they kissed so they definitely had more—"

"Shush, Kiri." Lia gently pulled her sister's forearm, a move which provoked her to roll her eyes.

Siwei laughed, her eyes falling on Lia's baby bump that had become more obvious over the past few days.

"Wow, your baby is growing so fast! What's it like to have a little Navi growing inside of you? Oh, my Eywa! Did you ever consider that you're basically carrying Aonung's sperm?"

Her numerous questions surprised Lia, who stared at her in disbelief.

Kiri's face displayed an expression of disgust. "Ugh, gross! That last one was so uncalled for."

A chuckle escaped Lia's lips as she gently placed a hand on her stomach. "I've been feeling a lot better now since Aonung had been making me eat more than normal."

As if on cue, her mate appeared with some crispy ovumshrooms wrapped in a leaf. Squatting next to Lia, he greeted her with a kiss on the temple.

"Hey, brought you a little snack for the day since I'll be busy helping with gear preparations for the returning villagers."

"Oh, thank you. Be safe with the preparations," she smiled, joyfully accepting the leaf-wrapped ovumshrooms.

"Have fun teaching Wei how to weave. It's gonna be like teaching a baby how to speak," he joked, subtly glancing at Siwei, who rolled her eyes.

"For your information, Lia is an excellent teacher. She's been teaching me how to effectively weave a shawl for tomorrow's journey."

"The question is, are you a good student?" His lips curled into a mischievous smile. "Let's see it."

She held up her unfinished shawl nervously, hesitation in her eyes as she displayed it for them to see. Some areas had gaps and loose strings, but the overall shape was acceptable.