Chapter 11

Lily woke up by Mark's gentle shaking and whispers. She opened her eyes, and saw Mark by her bedside.

"Good Morning Lily" he said softly.

Lily sat up and rubbed her eyes, and she saw Mark smiling at her.

"Good Morning" Then she noticed a trey of food next to him.

Mark then placed it on top of her lap. "Here, I brought you your breakfast"

"Wow, breakfast in bed." She said

"Hey, it is your birthday. So your the princess for today" He said as he stood up and started to kneel down before her.

"Your Majesty..." He said gesturing like a servant in a castle

Lily couldn't help but to chuckle of how funny he looks and talking 'medieval' style. She also laughed of how horrible Mark's accent was.

She continued on eating her breakfast. After that, Mark told Lily to change and wear the dress he bought for her. It was a simple dress, not too fancy. It was a white dress with little blue ribbon around the waistline and slightly poofy skirt that reaches her knees. And of course, a pair of cute little white shoes that has a touch of red in them.

After changing, she went out of the bathroom and looked at the mirror that was present in the room . While looking at her reflection, Mark placed a little tiara on top of her nicely combed hair.

"Wow" She said awe.

"You like it?"

"Yes, I do. Thank you." She said as she admired her look.

"Glad you do. How about you play with my nieces and nephews outside for a bit, while we, grown-ups, go prepare for your birthday"

"Okay" She cheerfully ran out of her room and joined with the kids outside playing with Mark's dogs.

Meanwhile, Mark went to the kitchen with his mom to cook for Lily's birthday. His Mom cooked the the spaghetti, he baked the birthday cake, even some of his older nieces helped out by cooking snacks for the kids.

~o~

After cooking, Mark sat on the dinning table and looked through the clear glass door they had that had a perfect view of the kids playing outside. Mark saw Lily sitting on the grass field surrounded by other kids. It seems like she was sharing a story or something. The dogs seem to really like her, because they like to be around her all the time. 

"What's on your mind, son?" asked his mother that just sat down with him in the table.

Mark looked at her, then back outside. "I was just thinking about her dad. I remembered Lily saying that her mother never informed him of her."