Chapter 3

After another terrifying and life-threatning event, Mark just walked away from the scene. The people didn't even noticed him, or the fallen branch.

He walked his way home. He walked the streets, took a turn, then crossed the road.

All he wanted right now, was to go home, where his safe.

He was so deep in thought about what had happened. He was just focusing on making his way home, and he didn't even realize that he was walking on a "NO JAYWALKING" zone.

Then suddenly, a loud BEEP was heard approaching him. He quickly turned to it's direction.

It was a car, coming in really fast. He got scared, and just froze there like an idiot waiting for death.

His body just couldn't move. All he could think of is how the car is gonna run over him.

Until, a strong push from someone behind launched him to the other side of the road. He stumbled on the concrete ground.

He quickly turned around. He saw the car drive really fast as it goes by. He looked at the far side of the road, but no one was there.

He thought that, there would've been at least one person, who had pushed him to safety, to be there on the other side. But no. There wasn't even any people around.

He sat there to where he was, thinking of a logical explanation to all of this. Then, he finally stood up.

Suddenly, a feather, white as snow, fell down right in front of him. He raised his palm to catch it. When he did, he looked at it, and only one thought came to mind.

It's you again...

It was, again, the mysterious person who had saved him a couple of times before. But it was illogical. How can that person save his life, then just suddenly disappears out of sight, as if he was never there. It was completely impossible.

But however, he did saved his life, and that's a fact. It couldn't be purely coincidence because it happened thrice now.

Who are you? I wanna meet you, and say thank you...

Mark looked to his surrounding, hoping he could find a certain someone who's been spying or looking at him the whole time. But like before, there was nobody anywhere.

Just when he thought of giving up looking, the feather from his hand, flew away by the sudden wind.

He looked at it and observed how it flew in the air. It spun around him a couple of times, then it flew away to a certain direction.

Mark had a feeling, that he needed to follow it. There was nothing else for him to do, so he did follow it.

The feather flew in different directions, but it made Mark move forward, leading him to a unfamiliar place.

He even tried to catch it, but he fails every time. It took him a while, but he did caught it. When he did, he saw that he was in front of an alleyway.

He saw more feathers on the ground leading through the alleyway. He walked in and examined the feathers closer.

The feathers looked a lot like the one he's holding right now. He wondered if this was some sort of sign.

I guess this means his here...maybe. I don't know. Birds can't shed this many feathers at once. So that can't be it. This all doesn't make any se...

*CLAAANGG*

Mark flinched. He looked towards where the sound came from. He also heard a faint "aw" from behind the row of garbage cans.

Huh, it sound like... a little girl. What is she doing here?

Mark called out.

"Hey! You okay back there?"

There was silence. He didn't hear anything from there. Maybe the girl got scared and just didn't answer.

Mark called out again.

"I know you're there! Come out!"

It was still silent, but he heard a breath, then he heard footstep. The girl slowly showed herself. She looked very peculiar, especially her outfit.

The girl started walking towards him. She was still a bit hesitant, but she had a warm smile on her face.

She came up to him, and said:

"Hi"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(AN: CLIFFHANGER!!! Hehehe. Enjoying the story so far? Tell me on the comments. I'd like to hear you guys out. I feel really alone here in Wattpad ;_; )