Chapter 4

"Hi" said the little girl in front of him.

Mark couldn't reply yet. He was still observing the girl's appearance. She had dark hair with dark eyes that shines from the light and she was wearing a white little dress with white sandals to match. But that's not the weird part.

She was wearing a pair of fake angel wings, and also a plastic halo attached to a stick behind her head.

In short, she was wearing an angel costume!

It was so adorable on her, and at the same time it was weird.

Its a bit early for Halloween, kid.

Mark kneeled down to her level. He looked at the kid and said:

"Hello there. My name's Mark. What's yours?"

She answered with a smile:

"My name's Lily. I'm the one who saved you from that bad guy over the store, remember?"

What!? It was you who knocked out that asshole. Impossible!

"Really?" Said Mark in doubt

"Yeah. I'm also the one who taped your shoulder to stop you from walking into that tree."

How did you know that? No one was behind me.

"And just a few moments ago" said the girl "I pushed you over so you won't get hit by the car"

Mark gazed to her in seriousness. Then he said.

"So, you're the one whose been leaving these feathers along the way?"

"Yeah. They fall off from my wings every time." She said casting her never ending smile.

Mark paused to realize that this kid saved him from near death. He looked at her again.

"Thank you, Lily. Really." Mark felt like a thank you isn't enough to repay her for saving his life. He had to make it up to her in an equal way.

"Oh! Don't mention it!" She said with her cheerfully tone "I was just trying to help"

"You didn't just helped me, you saved me. Thank you"

Lily just smile, which made Mark smile. They were both looking at each other for quite a while, but none of them seem to mind at all. Mark felt really comfortable with her, like he had known her for so long. But Mark never saw her before, it was only a feeling.

Mark was the first one to break the silence.

"Uh, so are you alone? Where are your parents?" Asked Mark.

Lily's smile faded as she said "Uh, I don't...have parents."

"What? Are you an orphan?"

Lily didn't answer. She just bowed her head down like she was embarrassed.

Mark held up her chin, so he can see her face and talk to her.

"Do you have any place to stay?"

Lily just shooked her head. It was pretty clear that she was sad about that. Mark then thought of an idea that might cheer her up.

"Hey, do you want to stay at my place. You can stay there for as long as you want."

Lily looked up to Mark, her eyes full of joy, and her smile so bright.

"GASP Really? I can?"

Mark smile as well "Of course! You saved my life before, and now, if you need saving, I'll be right there to help you"

Lily smiled brighter, and she felt more joyfull than even. She was so excited that she threw herself to Mark and gave him a hug. Mark was shocked, but he hugged her back.

While hugging, Mark felt something different about Lily. It felt like he was complete, like she was making him happier about his life than before. He knew that she's gonna be very special.

Lily broke the hug "Thank you"

Mark stood up from his position and looked down upon the girl "Don't mention it! I'm just trying to help." Mark smiled at her.

Mark then offered his hand for her to grab on to. She glad accepted it and held his hand. They were walking their way to Mark's apartment.

Mark felt like he wouldn't regret this decision. It almost feel like he was doing the right thing, like this was supposed to happen.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.