Chapter 9

I was walking on a seemingly never ending road. I couldn't even see anything. It was all so dim.

Then, the surroundings slowly became clear. I was in the park, The very same park that I took Lily for skating.

The sound of people and vehicles around started to be audible as I saw them spawn in different places.

What caught my attention was a little girl, around 6 years, skating by the sidewalk.

It was Lily, when she was so young. How am I seeing this?

I realized that I was on the other side of the road. I wanted to move towards her, but it seems that I'm stuck on my position.

"LILY!" I called out, but it doesn't seem like she can hear me.

I just watched her skate to her hearts content. But she still doesn't know how to maneuver herself. She unintentionally stopped right in the middle of the road.

Here's where the horror comes.

All so suddenly, a car was driving fast on the road. The driver honked the horn but Lily couldn't move.

Then, the car hit Lily.

She bathed on her blood as people surrounded her.

MARK—-

"NO!" I screamed as I almost fell out of my bed. My face was all sweaty and my heart beat so fast. I looked at my surroundings, then I heard Lily coming up to my bedroom.

"Hey, are you okay? What happened?" she asked immediately

I was relieved and realized that it was only a nightmare. I saw the worry in Lily's eye and that she obviously wanted to know what's going on.

"Uhm. Nothing. Just a... bad dream, I guess" I said, trying to hide the fear in my eyes. Obviously, I failed. Lily came to me and hugged me, trying to comfort me and everything.

"There, there" she said, patting my back like a kid

"Try to forget about it. Besides, its your birthday today, isn't it?"

Because of that stupid nightmare, I did forget my birthday. But how does she knows that?

"Come on, I've got a surprise for you" She smiled and went downstairs. Before I followed her, I thought for a second about what I dreamed.

Why would I dream of something so horrible such as Lily dying? It didn't make any sense. I wouldn't want that to happen, and I'm not about to let that happen

I went downstairs and saw Lily by the kitchen counter with a cake.

"What's all this?" I asked

"Uh, birthday cake, for your birthday. Duh"

"I know. But you didn't have to make me a cake. I don't have anyone to share it with, anyway"

"You have me. We can share the cake"

I've celebrated a few of my birthdays alone here in L.A. I'm kinda used to that, which made me totally forgot that Lily was here with me now.

"Okay. Thanks Lily" I said

"You're welcome. Now blow the candle and make a wish" she said excitedly