Twenty

Short a/n

This is a short story so I've had to skip a lot of time as you can probably tell from reading. It isn't finished yet but it won't be long until it is!. Love you xx

*2 years later*

Ariana's POV

5sos had made it. They were on tour right now! I feel so proud that they made it. I'm glad I introduced Michael and Ashton because things would probably be different if I hadn't introduced them.

My twitter notifications were blowing up again from a tweet I had just posted. It basically explains that I miss the boys a lot. I've been getting hate ever since people found out that I was Michael's girlfriend.

Its been getting worse lately and nobody knows that I sometimes torture myself by reading it. As soon as I see some hate I instantly become obsessed with reading it.

Ariana isn't good enough for Michael.

Michael can do so much better, have you seen Ariana?

She's so ugly. #wehateAriana

Ashton had been sending tweets back to them defending me which I was thankful for but I don't know if Michael noticed. Ashton has probably told him but I think he's expecting me to ignore it.

From:Mikey

Hey

To:Mikey

Hey Mikey x

From:Mikey

We need to talk

To:Mikey

Yeah?..

From:Mikey

I've seen the hate.. Have you?

To:Mikey

Well obviously, its hard not to have seen it.

From:Mikey

I'm sorry that I haven't done anything about it.. I just feel that if someone reacts that it will get worse for you. I think that we should break up.. I can't let you get any more hate I'm sorry x

To:Mikey

It doesn't get to me that much! Please don't do this Michael!

From:Mikey

I can't risk it, I'm sorry Ariana. Its over x

My heart plummeted to my stomach and I couldn't believe what I had just read. I can't believe that he broke up with me because of hate which I had been pretending to ignore.

I sent out another tweet with sad emojis and again all of the hate rolled back in and most of them figured out that we had broken up and they all seemed happy about it.

To:Mikey

Enjoy the rest of the tour. Goodbye.

From:Mikey

Thanks, I'll see you soon :)

I switched my phone off and walked into my kitchen in my new apartment which I had bought and Michael was going to move in with me.

I couldn't even cry. I was so used to things going wrong, I got fired from the only job I enjoyed last year and im struggling to get back on my feet. I have been going for lots of job interviews only to get turned down each time.

2 years. 2 years of me and Michael being together and we broke up because of hate. Usually people would break up because of barely seeing each other but we were strong enough to stay together.. At least that's what I thought.

The boys were coming home in less than two weeks why did we have to break up now? We could have talked everything out when he got home but no. He just broke up with me today.