Surprise!!

My heart sunk, and i fell to my knees, crying hysterically. I knew that voice. There was no doubt, it belonged to Jace. Naturally, as the Beta, when Brian died, he inherited the title, but I never once in a million years thought that he'd come for me. It was ludicrous. I wasn't his mate, nor his Alpha's. He had no claim to me. Why couldn't he just leave us alone?

James rushed to my side and cradled me to his chest. I was beyond distraught. "Shh, its ok baby. He won't get you. I promise. You're safe here Lilly."

I shook my head. "I'll never be safe James. This will never end."

"Yes it will baby. You'll see. It'll be fine." He pressed a kiss to my forehead. " Silas and I will take care of it."

My tears fell harder and faster. I'd only been here a week, yet they were going to have another war over me.

I grabbed James's face and kissed him passionately. I knew what i had to do.

He gladly returned my kiss and carried me to our bed. I made love to him, pouring my all into it. I didn't know if I'd ever see him again after tonight, and I wanted him to have something to remember me by.

After we both finished, I laid in bed with him, relishing everything about this moment. About an hour later, when I was sure he was asleep, I snuck out of bed. Sparing my gorgeous mate one last glance, I shifted quickly and jumped out the already open bedroom window.

I ran nonstop for well over a hundred miles. I couldn't stop for fear that I'd turn around if I did. My heart was breaking, and my wolf was howling out her misery. Neither of us wanted to be away from our mate, but we had to leave. As much as we loved him, we knew we couldn't stay and make him endure our pain. It wasn't fair to him.

Steeling my resolve, I pushed forward. I would be back in Silver Moon before sunrise.

_______________@_@__________________

*James's POV*

I rolled over meaning to hold Lilly closer. To my dismay, she wasn't there. I bolted out of bed and searched the house. There was no sign of her anywhere. It was only three o'clock in the morning! Where could she have gone?

I ran to my Beth's house in record speed. I pounded on the door in the same fast rhythm that my heart was going. Sofa flung the door open with only a towel wrapped around her. I frowned at her.

"James, what's wrong?"

"Is Lilly with you?"

"No? I thought she was with you?"

"Silas!!" My panicked voice boomed through their house.

Seconds later, he ran down the stairs, adjusting his pants along the way. "What is it Alpha?"

"Come with me, now."

He nodded and walked by my side. Sofia grabbed a robe and followed along. Normally, I'd be upset that she invited herself, but this pertained to her sister. So I'd let it slip. The three of us ran to my house and into my office. I played the message for them.

Sofia's eyes widened, whether in fear or shock, i wasn't sure. "She is going back." Her sad voice replied.

"How could you possibly know that?" I growled.

"Because its what i would do if i was her."

Nothing else needed to be said. If anyone knew Lilly, it was her. With that, we all shifted and ran after her. I howled once through the town, sending my message to everyone. I wouldn't ask anyone to fight this war with me, but before i made it to the edge of the forest, my whole pack was behind me, women, men, and pups alike. I turned to face them.