Chapter 12

A: I need to see you

G: Whenever you ready, baby

A: I'm ready now...are you?

G: I'm always ready

A: I'm otw

The next day after debating heavily with myself and with a little encouragement from Terrance, I texted Geo back. It was partially because I wanted to see him and a lot because I could not get him out of my mind. Even asleep he invaded my mind, teasing me and looking at me the way he always does. So after a little back and forth I got dressed for the day and hopped in my car and headed over to him before I chickened out. 

I told myself I was not dressing to impress him. I had a new artist coming to the studio today and he was seeking a manager as well as a producer. Word on the street was that he sang like a mix of Trey songs and could rap like lil Tjay. That was the reason I put on the hot red leather pants that hugged every curve with the low cut body suit and stiletto pumps. Not for Geo. Even as I lied to myself it made me feel better.

I parked my car in the driveway and waited. I wasn't sure how he wanted to do this since he hadn't texted back. Sometimes he came to my car and sometimes I went to the porch. On special occasions, he asked me to step in for a minute, just so it didn't look like I was picking up a pack. He usually texted me instructions and since he had the best weed in the Lou I complied. Whenever I bought weed from Geo, it was all business. It never went far, even though we flirted like crazy in front of his dad or my guys. Alone, he was always calm, cool, and collected.

Would that change now that we had kissed? I kind of hoped so. I kind of hoped he took one look at me and lost control like he did last night. Except today we would be alone and we could explore whatever this was.

My phone dinged, snapping me out of my fantasies. He messaged to come to the back. That was different, and I was immediately on high alert. I never went in through the back. From his driveway, I could see the backyard. There was a playground and some lawn chairs back there. There was also a dog that had been barking since I pulled up. Deciding to take the chance after reminding myself that this was Big D's son and my next potential fuck buddy. There was no reason for me to worry. Still, I slid both nine millimeters into my holsters and got out of the car. Better safe than sorry.

Slowly walking to the back, I saw the yard was large and also had a pool and gazebo. Not exactly what you would expect from a bachelor, but I knew he had kids. The red steps led up to a porch and a large wooden door. I raised my hands to knock, but the door swung open before I could land one blow.

Geo stepped out, and my breath caught. He was sexy as sin. He wore sweatpants that ride low on his hips. No shirt or shoes. His tight-tatted chest was on full display, and sadly even his feet were perfect. I didn't miss the pistol he had tucked into his pants and with the looseness of his pants, I wondered how it stayed. His brown eyes met mine, and he smirked as he surveyed my still form. I waited as he took his time as if remembering each detail of my shape. When his eyes met mine again, I was smiling as well. 

Time slowed as we had one of those moments. A moment where anything was possible. He wasn't the son of a kingpin and I wasn't whatever I was. Gang leader, pimp, drug dealer, murderer? While I liked to think I knew exactly who I was, the truth would be to say that I was a work in progress and it may be a while before I could honestly say that.

If I truly knew, would I fight this attraction as much as I have? It was a bitch as a move on my part. Bosses were never scared of what they wanted. In fact, they took what they wanted and damn the consequences. It would be so easy to go into his home and take care of the ache that settled in the pit of my stomach whenever he was near. To act on all the fantasies where he was the hero and I was the damsel.