TᕼᖇEE ᒪEGGEᗪ ᖇᗩᑕE | ᖇEGIE ᙭ KᗩᑎE

Kane's P.O.V.

A day at the carnival was probably the best way to spend a day off. There were games and food everywhere. 

"Ok everyone," Manager Ty called our attention, "have fun and go where you want but, I expect everyone to be back here by 9:30 tonight. So you've got 4 hours."

Everyone nodded their heads and went off to explore. I noticed a ring toss. I turned to Regie who hadn't left with everyone else and grabbed his hand. Then, I started dragging him with me toward the game.

"I'm only doing this because you're cute." He commented. "I hope you know that."

I only laughed as we got there. Trying to win is so much more complicated than I thought it'd be. Every time I thought I was close, it turns out I was far off. 

"Step aside cuh, I got this." Regie stepped forward.

After several tries, it was clear, he did not "got this." 

"Why's this so hard?" He grumbled.

"It's fine Regie. How about we get some cotton candy OR WE COULD GO TO THE BOUNCE HOUSE OVER THERE!" 

"Dude, if I go in the bounce house, I'm going to throw up."

"Damn, ok. What about the 3 legged race over there." I pointed to the game which was separated by colourful strings and cones. 

"Sounds good." This time, he grabbed my hand and led me over to the race.

After there were enough people to compete, we were told the rules. When the person running it was done explaining, they handed out bandanas or something. We tied it around our ankles and got ready to race. 

"Ready?" I asked Regie.

"Of course." 

There was a countdown of 3 and then the whistle blew. We started and were halfway to the finish line when I tripped and took us both down. I fell first and Regie fell on top of me. He hovered over me as I blushed profusely.

"Get off me, your fucking heavy." Well, that's romantic of me.

"Aww come one, you like it."

He stood up, putting a hand out to me. I took it and he hauled me to my feet. We untie ourselves and leave the game.  

"I would have kissed you if it weren't for the people surrounding us." He whispers to me.

"That stopped you. That's kind of cowardly of you."

"You think I'm a coward?"

I shrugged. "Just a bit."

"Oh yeah? How's this for a coward?"

And just like that, in the middle of the carnival, he kissed me. Pulling me close by my waist. Everything seemed brighter and more colourful once he pulled away from me. I didn't think that was possible.