13

Highly Unedited

In the previous chapter:

"Do you think the whole 'Tiger hybrids are extinct' is a lie? Can it be a cover up? Cover up to make people forget their existence, such that even if they exist, and are killed, no one will know... Or am I just overthinking this?" he ended with an unsure tone.

******************************

TW: Mentions of Blood.

Taehyung's POV:

(Starting from Chapter 1) - Starting from the time before he met Jin

It has been many days since I woke up in this forest, but I still can't seem to figure out how I ended up here.

Every time I try to recall memories of what happened before I lost consciousness, all I get is an acute pain in my head. The last thing I remember is celebrating my seventh birthday with my family.

(A/N: Tae thinks he's still seven years old here.)

Another weird thing is that I can't seem to transform back to my human form, and it is starting to scare me.

Did Papa and Mama leave me here because I was being too bad? But...I don't remember being bad or causing any mischief. Or did something happen to Papa, mama and baby?

I tried to track them down by their scents, like how Papa had taught me, but I couldn't smell them anywhere near me.

Why is this happening to me? Why can't I remember anything? I don't want to be lonely...it's so scary.

Few more days later:

I was starving, but I didn't know how to climb trees in my tiger form. Though I was half tiger and half human, I didn't like to eat raw meat. I liked eating fruits instead, because I loved sweet food.

While I was searching for short plants and trees, I found a path from forest that leads to a place full of humans. It was a market, like the ones Papa used to visit once in a month.

Mama always used to tell me that humans are dangerous, and only a very few of them are good. She warned me to never interact with any of them. But now that I found this place, and looked at carts of different fruits, I couldn't hold back anymore.

I slowly walked towards a man standing behind the cart of small red fruits in boxes.

I wanted to ask him if I could have some of them, but I couldn't talk since I was still unable to shift.

I remembered Mama's words again, but I was sure the man wouldn't hurt me because I wasn't trying to do anything bad, I just wanted some fruits he had.

I softly nudged his leg with my head looking up at him expectantly. I hoped that I could make him understand me.

He turned to look down at me, but his eyes widened like saucers, and he jumped away with a terrified scream.

Oh no! Why is he scared? I was not going to hurt him...I cannot even if I want to. He's so big and I'm just...a baby tiger.

I wanted to show him I meant no harm, so I slowly took one step back, but he continued screaming and shouting for help.

I didn't mean to scare anyone, I promise! Please don't be scared of me!

I looked at him one last time before I jumped a little, biting onto one of the boxes with red fruit. I wanted to show him that I was here only for the fruit.