Chapter XIX

Y/N POV

???: *GIF Below* You and I are one in the same. My name is Veliona, the Demon of Sanguine Gaze. It's truly a delight to finally meet you~... Master~.

Y/N: What? You're telling me that you're my scythe? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Veliona: Do you realize how ridiculous it sounds that you, the son of a loving female grim reaper and a psychopathic human who believes your only reason for existing is to bring humanity to its end, is having difficult believing the scythe your mother, Mori Calliope, gave you has an actual demon's soul attached to it~? After everything you've seen and done, you find it absurd that a demon is bonded to your scythe? You remember that you chose the name, Veliona, for your scythe because you heard the name in your head? That voice was mine.

As I stared at Veliona, I could tell she wasn't lying. Her voice sounds the exact same when I first heard the name.

Y/N: I... See... But why Show yourself now?

Veliona: I simply wasn't able to~. You refrained from shedding blood and as such, I wasn't able to manifest myself since I wasn't able to collect any souls.

Y/N: But I never killed anybody with Sanguine Gaze.

Veliona: Yes, That's True~. But you did slaughter hundreds of monsters~. While they technically don't have any souls, you coding me into the game also made it to where I could turn their coding into souls after you killed them~.

Y/N: ... And... *looking around the place* What's with all the corpses?

Veliona: *Giggles* Look closely~...

I then looked closely and I felt my heart stop as I made eye contact with the corpse of Asuna.

Y/N: What the Hell?! Did you-!

Veliona: Kill her and those around us? *Giggles* No. But I will by proxy if you give into your innate nature to slaughter~. I have control over myself in my human form, but~... when you wield me as a scythe, my actions are entirely your own~. I'm only warning you here because I have great respect for your mother and would hate to see you become somebody you're not~. *Gets up and walks over* But regardless of what path you choose~, I'll be by your side as your loyal friend and dare I say~, possibly as your lover in the future~. After all~... you're very handsome~.

 you're very handsome~