Chapter I

Y/N POV

I was in my house, watching the news about Sword Art Online Which was going to be a disaster by the end of the would die if I didn't help them.

News reporter: All right, we're under way! It's time for this week's MMO Stream. First, we had you watch a promotional video...Are we looking at the day of last week's launch?  What could all these people waiting in line be after? Sword Art Online! The one at the front of the line waited three days prior to launch. Amazing! But hey if you're a hardcore gamer, that's what you do!  On today's episode of MMO Stream, we'll be covering Sword Art Online, or SAO! To be honest, none of the NerveGear software released so far has really taken advantage of the hardware. Yeah they were crappy games right? But SAO was made by the NerveGear inventor, Kayaba Akihiko and his very own son, Y/N Kayaba! Kayaba said Y/N had been helping ever since they started the project but school slowly started to interfere with their work so he gave Y/N the option to work on it or focus on school. Kayaba also said that Y/N added many weapons than just swords and created their functions into the game, making every weapon unique in its own special way! Now isn't that exciting?!

Y/N: You just had to mention me didn't you, dad?

Others who were interviewed talked about how cool the beta testers were. I would've told everyone what my father had in mind, but let's face it, nobody would listen to me. Nobody's going to believe a successful video game developer and company would intentionally created a virtual death game. As the launch of SAO was coming closer, I made sure the lock to my door was changed without my father knowing, even though it wouldn't do much if he got in since I know my heritage very well. Once ready, I placed my NerveGear on and waited for the clock to change to 12:00 PM. As soon as it did...

Y/N: Link... Start!

I was then transported into the world of SAO and I immediately started grinding for Coal until I had enough to by a scythe that I made sure was exclusive only for me that I named Veliona, modeled and named after my personal scythe my mother gave me before she disappeared after a huge argument with my father about the nature of Grim Reapers and what their sole purpose of existence is; to kill and harvest souls.

That's right, I hacked the game a bit to benefit me, but I did for good cause. Once I got my Scythe, I immediately went back out to the field but on my way, I was stopped by a guy.

???: Hey! Wait!