~The Best day Ever~

Thursday
June 1, 2017
12:30 PM
~~~~~

"B-But Daddy! I can't see! I wanna see!" Ivory giggled trying to pry her father's hand from her eyes.

"Not yet, it's a surprise." Bucky chuckled covering the girl's eyes, he knew she would be over the moon at the amount of surprises she had yet to see.

With the help of the Royal family, Bucky was able to plan Ivory's 'Young, Wild and Three' Themed birthday party. Shuri and Nakia invited the village children from Ivory's class, T'Challa arranged a small petting zoo with other animals from the border village, and in addition to that, W'Kabi was bringing an elephant for the kids to ride, and Queen Ramonda made sure that some of the best chefs in the village would be there preparing the food, buffet style.

Everyone who shared a role in planning Ivory's day wanted this day to be perfect just as much as Bucky did.

In Bucky's mind, this was going to be Ivory's greatest birthday celebration yet. Come to think of it...Today was Ivory's first ever birthday celebration. Ivory never actually had a real birthday party up until this day, so it was important to Bucky that Ivory's special day was the best day of her life.

To make Ivory's day even more special...T'Challa and Shuri thought it would only be right to surprise the girl not only with a special birthday party...Everyone agreed it would be a nice touch for Ivory to get a surprise visit with 'Uncle Steve' and 'Nana'.

Sadly Steve wasn't able to make it in time for Ivory's party but that didn't mean there wouldn't be a surprise visit from the one and only 'Nana'. Natasha had grown so fond of Ivory, she would never even dream of missing the girl's birthday celebration.

Bucky, Steve and Natasha had very spotty communication over the past few months they've all been living their lives in 'hiding'. Even with communication being moderate and with all of them being separated due to being in hiding, Nat still continued to think about her girl.

Nat had hoped Ivory would be as excited to see her as she was to see Ivory.

"Tan I see now?"

"No." Bucky said, a small grin on his lips.

"How bout now? Tan I see now Daddy?"

"Not yet...almost..." Bucky chuckled.

"B-But it's Ivory Birthday!"

"I know it's your Birthday! That's why it's a surprise." Bucky says causing the girl to impatiently fold her arms over her chest. Bucky chuckled continuing to keep the girl's eyes covered.

"Hey Daddy?"

"Yes Ivory?"

"Wh-Why you put your funny arm on today?" Ivory asks as Bucky tried to keep back his laughter. Bucky didn't usually sport the prosthetic limb, but since he knew there was mostly activities on the toddler's birthday itinerary that require two hands, he thought it would be a good idea.

"Daddy? Wh-Why you not answering?" Ivory asks disrupting Bucky from his thoughts.

"Oh, I'm sorry peachy...to answer your question, I guess I put it on for fun." Bucky says.

"Oh..." Ivory replied.

"Is that okay with you? I know you're not used to seeing it a lot." Bucky says to the girl.

"Uh...yeah. It's your arm Daddy. I-I think it's the coolest!" Ivory said, playfully patting the man's prosthetic hand that still remained over her eyes.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, Y-You're a cool Daddy." Ivory says making the man smile.

There was Something about being the "Cool Daddy" in Ivory's eyes that made the conversation so much more meaningful to Bucky.