~Enrieta-Maria Cristian-Lee~

Sunday
June 1, 2014
5:30 PM

~~~~~

"Enrieta-Maria, let's go! Your water's already broken, we need to get you to the hospital!" Enrieta's mother Ivy called out from the Taxi cab.

She had already been loading their hospital bags into the trunk of the taxi while Enrieta had been having trouble making it down the steps. Enrieta was already a whole week past her due date, so both women were expecting the baby to arrive any day now...however, they didn't expect Enrieta's unborn child to come as soon as right now.

"Ma, help me!" Enrieta called out to her mom. When her mother looked back and saw her sat on the front porch steps, she was quick to retrieve her and help her into the cab.

Once the pair had been loaded into the backseat of the taxi, the driver drove off.

"I'm sorry sir, but can you at least try to speed things up? My daughter is in labor!"

"Sure thing." The driver said picking up speed. The ride to the hospital was about 20 minutes away from home, and with no traffic Enrieta's mother hoped that she would be able to get her to the hospital maybe even sooner than that.

"Ma, it's happening again!" Enrieta cried out trying to resist the sudden urge to push.

"Whatever you do, you cannot push Enrieta, you have to be able to make it to the hospital!"

"Okay Ma, I'll try but I don't know if that's going to happen!" Enrieta says practicing her breathing techniques to coast her through labor.

"Remember Enrieta, DON'T PUSH!" Her mother said tightly gripping onto her hand, for support.

"I can't do it! This isn't working!" Enrieta cried, angrily running her hands through her hair, crying her way through the pain.

"Enrieta-Maria look at me," her mother says, causing her to look up at her mother.

"Yes Mama?"

"I don't ever want to hear you say you can't do something, you know why? Because you're a Lee Enrieta! You are a Lee! Say it with me, 'I am a Lee'..."

"I am a Lee..."

"Yes, you are a Lee! This baby is going to come out a strong Lee like his or her mother! When you are a Lee, all things are possible, do you understand me?"

"Yes Mama, I understand!" Enrieta said trying to resist the urge to push through one of the toughest contractions.

"Enrieta, what is it? What's wrong?" Her mother asks.

"This baby is coming right now Mama..."

"I guess it's time to deliver a baby..." says Enrieta's mother.

"Ma, you said not to push..."

"I know what I said, forget what I said. If it's time, it's time. Okay Enrieta, just listen to your body. Push whenever you feel like you have to." Ivy told her, lowering her shorts, taking her own sweatshirt from off her back in preparation to catch the baby.