~Close to Home~

Saturday
October 22, 2016
9:30 AM
~~~~~

"Nana? Oh Nana!?" Ivory called out for Natasha.

"Yes sweetheart?" Natasha replies from her spot on the couch.

"C-Can you please open this?" Ivory asks handing Natasha a pack of mini muffins.

"Only if I can have one." Nat says to Ivory as a joke, wanting to see the girl's reaction.

"Kay, but only one!" Ivory said holding up a single finger making Nat laugh. Nat wanted to soak up every moment she could with the girl, everyday Ivory seemed to be another day closer to leaving Nat, and Nat knew there was nothing that could prepare her for that day mentally or emotionally.

Today Natasha was going to be making a very hard, yet important phone call...she planned on calling T'Challa to see about bringing her over to Wakanda.

"Here Nana, Here!" Ivory says briefly distracting Natasha from her thoughts. She didn't realize she had unconsciously opened Ivory's muffins and handed them back to her. Now Ivory was presenting Nat with a mini muffin of her own.

"It's okay sweets, you eat it, those are for you. Nana was just joking around." Nat explained.

"But y-you gonna be hungry Nana...Pease have one..." Ivory says pouting, causing Nat's heart to melt. Nat smiled and accepted the mini muffin in her hand and smiled at the little girl as she took a bite.

"Thank you sweetheart."

"Welcome Nana. I-I only share with you, Uncle Steve a-and my daddy." She says eating a muffin herself.

"Oh yeah?" Nat chuckled.

"Y-Yeah...Hey Nana?"

"Hey Ivory?" Nat smiled, mimicking the girl.

"W-Where Uncle Steve? W-Will he come back?" Ivory asked.

Natasha sighed thinking of the events that took place this time three weeks ago...

~~~~~
Three Weeks Earlier
~~~~~

"How are your pancakes? Are they yummy?" Steve asked Ivory who had been sat directly next to him at the dining room table.

"Uh-huh, they're yummy! A-And I like the bacon too!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh-huh!" Ivory says dipping her piece of bacon into her syrup.

"I'm glad to see you're eating! We're you extra hungry this morning?" Nat asks.

"Um...a-a lil bit..."

"A little bit?"

"Uh-huh!" Ivory says leaning into Steve's side earning a small smile from the man. Recently Ivory and Steve were attached at the hips, Ivory just couldn't bring herself to be separated from her Uncle Steve. Ivory absolutely adored Steve, and followed him around wherever he went.