~Far From Home~

Monday
June 23, 2014
3:07 PM

~~~~~

"What the hell...What is this..." Ivy said to herself seeing a blank envelope in her mailbox. She had just gotten home from running errands most of the day and her next plan was to go visit Ivory and Enrieta-Maria now that she had confirmation that the two of them were okay.

But first...to figure out what was inside the rogue envelope left in the mailbox.

She hurried inside so she could see what was inside. She sat down on the sofa and opened up the envelope and smiled when she had found a picture of her beloved granddaughter Ivory. Inside the envelope Ivy also managed to get her hands on a folded up sheet of paper. It was the words written inside the sheet of paper that caused Ivy's heart to sink.

The letter read:

"Mama,

For someone who seemed to be so disappointed in me I was quite surprised to see you cared enough about me to send a search party out for me...I am writing you this letter to let you know, the next time you send someone to look for me, I won't be able to be found...

I lived my whole life wanting nothing more than to impress you, to make you proud...but Nothing ever seems to be enough for you. So now, I am going away, I hope you can forgive me for what I am going to do.

As for Ivory Lee, as far as I know, she is alive and well, but where she lays her head now, is a secret I'll never tell...I can finally breathe...why? Because I'm free.

Forgive me Mama...
Enrieta-Maria Cristian-Lee

~~~~~

"What have I done..." Ivy says getting up and rushing out of her home. She got in her car and rushed down to Enrieta-Maria's apartment, and banged on the door.

"Enrieta-Maria let me in right now!" Ivy shouted. When there was no answer she knocked again.

"Enrieta-Maria!" When the door didn't open, Ivy quickly dug in her purse and found something to help her pick the lock. It took a few moments but Ivy was finally able to get herself into Enrieta's apartment and immediately began searching the place for Enrieta and Ivory.

"Enrieta!?!!"

"Enrieta!? Please don't do this..." Ivy shouted into the apartment tearing the place apart. The floor had been littered in wine bottles and scotch bottles...a clear indicator Enrieta had to have been under the influence. She searched high and low to find both her daughter and her granddaughter but both of them were no where to be found. She had no other choice but to call the police a second time that day.

"1-1-2, what is your emergency?"

"Yes, my name is Ivy Lee, and I'm calling because my daughter and my granddaughter are both missing!"

~~~The Police Station~~~
3:45 pm

"So...you have no idea where they are?"

"No!" Ivy shouted at the detective over the investigation. "I told you, my daughter had been ignoring my calls three weeks straight, and one of your officers did a welfare check on her just this morning and now she is not there! Am I being lied to?!"