~"Sam-I-am"~

•••••••••••••
One Month Later
Location: Delacroix, Louisiana
•••••••••••••

Friday
August 26, 2016
9:30 AM
~~~~~

It took a while for Steve and Natasha to regain contact with Sam after everything that happened. Once Steve got ahold of Sam and figured out he had been laying low at home, in Louisiana, Steve instantly wanted to fly out to him and make sure everything was okay. Nat wasn't one to turn down a trip across country, but it wasn't going to be a real trip without Ivory.

"Steve...are you positive this is a good idea?" Nat said as the pair got out of the Quinjet. Sam was expecting the three of them and told them to land the jet on the acres of land behind his sister's home where they couldn't be spotted.

"Natasha...the kid's got a super soldier, and an ex-assassin looking after her...she'll be fine." Steve said, carrying a sleeping Ivory on his shoulder.

"I feel like she just built up a rapport with Clint, Laura, and the kids...you don't think we're introducing too many people too soon?" Natasha asks worried.

"I know it may seem like a lot, but she's been staying with us for over two months now...at some point we have to stop babying her, if we want her to heal, we have to stretch her outside of her comfort zone..." Steve sighs.

"I know, I know, I just worry about her..."

"Trust me I do too...I truly think this is going to help her." Steve says with a small grin. Natasha looked at the sleeping toddler on Steve's shoulder and gently stroked her cheek.

"I can take her off your hands..." Nat says holding her arms out for the girl.

"But Nat I wanna hold her...she's never snuggled me like this before..."

"Oh that's bullshit Rogers, I always see her giving you the best snuggles with her eyes open...Fine, I'll let you have this moment with her this time but next time, I want her." Nat said jokingly, playfully crossing her arms over her chest.

The two of them approached the front door of Sam's current home, and knocked on the door.

Sam quickly, and promptly answered the door, earning smiles from both Nat and Steve.

"Please, come on in." Sam said welcoming the pair in. As the two of them entered the home Ivory woke up and looked all around.

"Hi sunshine, good morning." Steve said giving the girl a hug.

"Mornin." She replied, stretching her arms as far as they could go.

"Want down please." Ivory requested, Steve adhering to the girl's words.

"Hi sweetheart did you nap good?" Natasha says to Ivory, getting down to her level so she could hug her.

"Uh-huh, I hungry Nan." She said rubbing her eyes.

"We'll eat soon...but first, there's someone you should meet." She said turning the child to face Sam.

Ivory was still half asleep, looking around the home, that is until she locked eyes with Sam.

"Hi There sweetheart, do you remember me?" Sam asks the girl, crouching down to her level.