Chapter 19

A/N; WE LITERALLY JUST HIT 6K AND TONIGHT YOU ALL HAVE A DOUBLE UPDATE. THANK SO MUCH. I DIDNT WANT TI UPDATE UNTIL 6K BUT NOW we have I CAN FINALLY CARRY ON. BUT ALSO IVE MOVED EVERYTHING FORWARD SO INSTEAD OF BUILDING MORE TENSION YOU CAN HAVE IT NOW.

Thanks guys I love you

Elise's POV:

I was finally out of the Hospital wing and back in the Great Hall for dinner.

"Elise I'm so glad you're alive" Cassy smiles at me brightly. I shake my head and give her a bemused look. "Good heavens you are so dramatic" I giggle at her playfully. She gives me her 'I'm so not' face.

"So have you spoken to Tom yet" she whispers to me. I shake my head firmly. "No I haven't why?"

She gives me a sympathetic smile. "don't get mad" Cassy warns me cautiously. I stare at her for a minute. "Why?" I slowly say. My eyebrow raised in a questionable manner.

"Pug face may or may not have her claws in him. She is totally stalking him ever since you were injured. No other female can go near him. Look" Cassy points behind me and I turn. There sat Riddle with his little team of idiots and there's pug face. Gazing at him with such admiration that it makes me sick. She was right next to Tom, her hand wrapped around his upper arm.
A huge pang of jealousy runs through me, anger www already boiling. How fucking dare she.

"Elise?" Cassy asks quietly. "What" I snap at her. I didn't mean to but I was beyond pissed. "You're scary when you're mad" she mumbles.

I clench my fists and feel my jaw tense. I was grinding my teeth agonisingly slowly. "I think you should leave" Cassy taps my shoulder. Wait. Why did I care that Parkinson was probably dating him. I didn't like him. Do I? No I don't.

The urge just to pull her teeth out was becoming more and more satisfying. "Cassy I think we need to leave before I kill her" I growl. I could sense Cassy nodding furiously.

Was I reading the messages wrong? Maybe he likes me. Well liked. If he did then why would he do that to me? Why would he go and hurt me like that. My anger soon washed away and turned into a sea of sadness. My heart started to ache. My vision was blurring.

I turn to face Tom as a few tears roll down my cheeks. But unluckily he turned and gazed at me. His eyes softening as his beautiful lips part. We stare at each other, neither of us wanted to break the only contact we would have. My heart was fluttering as it broke. More tears travel down my face as I stare at dark eyes. They seemed alarmed, even guilty.

"Elise come on this isn't good for you" Cassy tugs on my arm, breaking my eye contact with Tom. I nod solemnly as I grab my bag. Cassy links our arms and we walk out. But not before Tom stood and stared after me, just as I was about to disappear from everyone's view, I turned. I gaze longingly at him. He was standing, his head shaking slightly as his eyes were lite up in alarm.

Then he was gone from my view.

I deeply sigh as me and Cassy walk to the common room. I knew I could let go with Cassy. When we finally entered the comfort of the common room the river Amazon flows from my eyes.
Luckily, I had Cassy rubbing my back in a comforting motion. Shushing me and whispering words that were once filled with love and helpfulness but now to me they sound empty. An empty promise.

Why do I care that Tom is with Parkinson?

There is only one explanation

I was in love with Tom Riddle.