Chapter 15

Elise's POV:

I huff. I was bored. I lay down on the sofa in the Slytherin common room. Everyone was out doing shit and i was stuck inside the common room in front of the fire. Luckily Halloween was only a week away so that means busy shopping for a scary outfit.

The common room door opens and I hear voices muttering. Quickly, I duck lower so they can't see me. I peer around and see Tom. He has his followers trailing behind him.

"My Lord....we will be planning the attack this year or our last year?" Malfoy asks, humble. "No. Our last year. It would be..better. Go out with a bang" Tom's voice sounds.....odd, dark.

What is with the 'my Lord'. "Very well my Lord. And what of....Hawthorn?" Lestrange asks. Me? Curiously, I peer around and watch Tom. His jaw was clenched and his hands in a tight fist. "We do not speak of such matters" he growls. Tom's eyes were a dark colour, darker than usual.

"I think we should kill that slut" one of the boys who I didn't know snapped. Tom gives him a look that sends shivers down my spine.

"She is not a slut. Watch your tongue you disgusting piece of shit" the boy who spoke shudders, stepping back and holding his head lowly.

"I apologise m'lord. I did not mean insult your new companionship." The boy hesitates as he speaks the last word. "Companionship? I don't..." Tom seems rather uncomfortable. "Everyone is talking about how you two are....courting" Black explains. He was more relaxed than anyone else in the little followers group.

"We certainly are not. We are merely studying together. " Tom shifts and turns away from them. "That is all tonight. Go off to bed" the followers bow and leave.

Leaving me and Tom alone. I slowly sit up and slip out of the common, un noticed by Tom. I re enter and smile warmly at Tom. "Hi Tom" I walk to the sofa I was previously laying on. "Elise, why are you still up at this hour?"

"I was just enjoying the small time I had alone." I shrug. That wasn't completely a lie. I was alone, doesn't mean I was enjoying it. Tom walks over and sits next to me. His eyes momentarily closing as the heat of the fire touches his face. We sit silently for a few moments. My heart begins to race at the closeness. I slightly move my hand to rest it on the sofa, Tom also moves his hand to reach for something in his pocket closest to me. Our hands brush each other. My heart beat quickens as my butterflies flutter uncontrollably.

Just as our skin touch he tenses. His body not moving. "I-I better go" he pulls away and stand up. "Hawthorn go to bed" he orders me. His once soft eyes now cold and burning into me. I knew better than to disobey Tom when he was like this.

Slowly, I lift my self up and walk up to my bed. Why did he tense?