Chapter 8: Conflicting

Elise's POV:

I breath in the familiar scent of tea. I never knew how pleasant and therapeutic divination could be.

"Now that everyone has drank their tea hand the cup over to your partner" Professor Trelawney clasp her hands in excitement. I hand my cup to Cassy and I get hers.

"Right Miss Hawthorn let's take a look at yours hmm?" She grabs my cup and looks confused while reading it.

"Your path is unclear. There is a great darkness forming inside of you. Secrets so many secrets." Trelawney gives my cup to Cassy rather hastily. I stare at Cassy's cup. She was going to have to make a tough choice soon.

***********

Home economics. Lucky me. Me and Cassy were in front of each other. I had the misfortune of being with Parkinson. In other words. Pug face.

We were in the middle of learning to clean dirty pots. When pug face decides to strike a conversation. "Isn't Tom perfect?" She sounds like a foolish school girl begging for attention...oh wait she is all that.

"Don't you agree Hawthorn?" She turns to me. I grimace at the thought of Tom annoying Riddle. "No I don't. I think he is an arrogant, selfish, stuck up fuck face ever to walk this earth" I snap at her, Parkinson jumps back in pure horror and disgust.

"You must be blind and stupid. Why would Tommy want you anyway?" I throw her a side look.

"Because maybe he prefers the more intellectual, not an idiot kind of girl" I say as I finish up my pot.

"You little b-" Luckily she is interrupted by the Professor. "Miss Parkinson do shut up" Parkinsons' cheeks burn bright yes as she nods in submission and scrubs at her pot.

The door to the classroom suddenly opens with a bang. Causing the girls to grip their wands. Well. Only I gripped my wand.

Perfectly shaped shoes walk through the door and I already know who it is.

"TOMMY BABY" Parkinson screams in delight. "Hello professor, I was wondering if I could borrow Miss Hawthorn" he asks in his polite, self preserved way. I inwardly curse at his charm. Even the Professors are drawling at his feet.

"Miss Hawthorn....you may leave" Professor Bitch snaps. She was a bitch. She hated me just because I was absolutely terrible at the subject.

I brush off my robes and walk towards Tom. "Miss Hawthorn" he greets politely.

"Riddle" I reply coldly. Tom tenses at the way the words formed on my tongue. He turns on his heel and walks out. I quickly follow behind.

"C'mon Riddle this little game of follow the leader is rather boring" I groan after a long period of silence and walking.

"Shut up" he snaps. "No. You don't get to control me like everyone else" Stubbornly, I stand my ground. Coming to a halt and folding my arms at my chest.

"Come now. You are more irritating than a filthy little mudbloods" He growls as he turns to face me. His eyes were filled with conflicting emotions.

"How dare you. I'm a pureblood. And what of you Riddle? All high and mighty. You are fucking orphan. You don't have any specialist skills do you" I snarl at him. I have to admit, I was high in adrenaline and I was not going to stop now. Tom just stood there frozen.

I began walking towards him. My face cold and emotionless. I square my shoulders and approach him at a dangerous distance.

"What do you have Riddle? Nothing. You are nothing. You are just a lonely boy aren't you? Just trying to find attention. The first easy target was me. Well guess what...I'm not that easy" a low growl escapes his lips. His jaw clenched. Tom briefly closes his eyes, when they snap open he quickly reacts.

His hand comes into contact with my throat and pushes my against the nearest wall. Tom's grip on my throat loosens, before I can protest his lips are on mine.

Before I can push him away I kiss back. It was perfect. No tongues but a simple kiss. The way his lips felt against mine was precious, huge bolts of electricity is sent down my spine. My eyes are tightly shut, just trying to comprehend all the emotions running through me.

Soon I return to reality, what was I doing? With everything strength in my body, I push him back.

Tom was panting and rather alarmed. "I-I'm sorry." He says far too quickly and is gone.

Leaving me against the wall, once again trying to conquer my raging heart rate.
Did Tom Riddle just kiss me?

Why?

What?

What the actually unicorn horn