Chapter 13

Elise's POV:

My cheeks were burning of embarrassment. I quickly run into the Great Hall. There sitting in the normal spot is Cassy. Smiling brightly at Jake. Laughing at one of his stupid jokes. Sighing, I walk over to them and flop into my seat next to Cassy. "Hey Elise" her blue eyes shining bright. The dusk light from outside shines through the windows, making her long blonde hair shine brightly shimmering against the lights. Her small figure perfectly straight and her skin lightly bronzed by the natural sunlight.

"Hey Cassy how are you?" I ask, nibbling at my salad. "I'm great thanks. How was studying with Riddle" she asks, her interest sparked. "Eh. You know. The usual. Boring lessons" I lie. I turn my full attention to Jake. "Yo Irish. What's up?" His eyes are glued to Cassy, his pupils dilated and his breathing is rapid.

"N-nothing" he stutter. Suddenly turning back to his soup. I knew Jake loved Cassy. I mean who wouldn't. She was smart, beautiful, strong and independent. She was almost 16 and yet never had a boyfriend, she never needed one I guess. So I understood why he was shy.

There was like a 95% chance she would even consider dating him. Jake was gorgeous and had many girls chasing him down the hallways.

"Wow aren't we odd tonight" I chuckle. Suddenly Cassy looks across the table and her head snaps to me "Oh my stars. Okay Elise don't look but" she leans in closer to my ear and whispers "Riddle is totally coming over" I almost choke on my tomato as I look up. "WAIT WHAT-" I slap her arm and turn to where her eyes were. Shit..Riddle was right in front of us, smirking, bastard. "Riddle" I ask. Squaring my shoulders and clearing my throat.

"Hawthorn" he quirks an eyebrow. His eyes brighter than usual. "Can I help you?" I ask. Rather uncomfortable with the situation. "Yes. I was wondering if we are studying tomorrow" our eyes lock and I feel my heart begin to race.

"We c-could. If you want" my cheeks heat at the thought of us being alone.

"I would very much like to. Same time?" He asks. I nod and Tom leaves.

"What the fuck was that" Cassy asks

"I don't even know"