Chapter 11: Study Buddies

Elise's POV:

Four days. It has been four days since the incident and I was free of the hospital wing. I was so behind in all my classes. Fabulous.

Slughorn had held me behind in class with Tom. We were now stood awkwardly awaiting Slughorn's urgent news.

"Now Miss Hawthorn....I know you have been away. But you are behind in every class. So I have kindly asked Tom to tutor you." He finishes with a bright smile.

I was stunned. "Sir please..I don't want to" I plea but Slughorn shakes his head. "You will be tutored by Riddle and that is final. You may leave"

I turn on my heel to find Tom smirking at the end of the outcome. "Arse" I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

"Tomorrow at 5 in the Library. I do not tolerate lateness" he snarls. I knew better than to argue with a twat face. So I simple nod and walk off to lunch.

Cassy was stuffing her face with ham while Jake sat there slightly disgusted at her table manners. Then again she was literally shoving it in her mouth. Was she even chewing?

I shake off the disturbing thought that is Cassy eating.

Sitting next to Jake, I begin to nibble on some toast. "Cassy you eat like a pig" Jake groans and holds his head in his hands. "You love it" she says with a mouth full of food. I scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"Table manners Cassy" A voice, with humour in it says to her. I turn to see a boy in our year with slightly curly black hair. He was one of the boys who hung about with Riddle.

"Shut up Black" Cassy hissed. The boy just rolled his eyes and sat next to me.

"Hi I'm Philip Black"

"Elise Hawthorn" I hold out my hand and he shakes. "Pleasure. I heard you and Riddle are study buddies now" he leans closer, his voice low. I snort and shake my head "we aren't BUDDIES. I hate him with a passion" Cassy had finally stopped stuffing her face and was now staring at me.

"You and Riddle are study buddies?" She almost screamed. I violently shake my head. "No, this was thrusted upon me"

"Sure I bet you two will 'study' all night" Cassy sends me a wink.

Study. That's all. Nothing more or less.

I hope.