"Danny come look at this!" Lauren Jauregui calls out for her best friend. Her and her friend Danny baker were exploring an abandoned house, it was something they enjoyed doing together they both have rough home lives it's what got them to be so close.

When Lauren was 13 and Danny was 14 they ran into each other at an abandoned building, both running away from home something they did and still do often. Both of their parents are abusive drunks and drug addicts so they stay out all night quite often, it felt safer to be on the streets than in their houses.

Danny walks over to Lauren looking at the sparking electrical box on the wall.

"Looks like we have power" Danny chuckles, Lauren just nods her head with a forced smile having a bad feeling about that sparking box.

"Maybe we should stay away for that, it looks like it could explode or something" Lauren said to her friend, he shrugs.

"Nah, it's fine just loose wire or something, let me check it out" Danny said, Lauren shook her head

"No seriously just leave it alone, let's go look upstairs" she tried pulling him away but he shrugged her off.

"Nah it's fine look" Danny said opening the box, he gives Lauren an 'I told you so' look with a half smile half smirk pointing to the loose wires.

"See, loose wires its fine" he said, he grabs the wires and goes stiff falling back onto the ground.

"Danny...Danny!" Lauren yells, she looks at the box that has started to catch fire then her friend laying still on the floor.

"Danny, come on, we have to go you need a doctor, get up...get up Danny" she tried shaking him but he wouldn't wake up.

"Okay, okay...it's going to be okay, uh...I'll call an ambulance, come on wake up!" Lauren still trying to wake her friend up grabs her phone calling 911.

As she was on the phone with the operator, she was still trying to wake her best friend up, shaking him calling him even slapping him.

When the woman on the other side of the phone taught Lauren how to check a pulse she found out Danny did not have one, she then proceeded to do CPR with the instructions from the 911 operator on how to preform them.

"He's not waking up! There's a fire what do I do?!" Lauren yells at the woman on the other end of the phone while crying.

"How big is the fire?" The woman asked, lauren looks

"Bigger, a lot bigger, it's coming towards us" Lauren chocked out through sobs

"You need to leave, the ambulance and fire department are on their way, but you need to leave"

"No! I'm not leaving him, I'm staying I can't leave him!" Lauren cried

"I-I think...oh my god!" Lauren screams as she watched her friend go up in flames

"He's on fire! How do I put it out?! Why is he on fire?!" Lauren screams, she tried dragging her friend away from the fire only to get burned.

Lauren looks up as she hears sirens and people calling out

"Help! Help me!" She screams and the fire fighters rush over along with paramedics

"Ma'am you have to step back" a man said

"No! Help him!" She yells

"We will, you just need to step back" he said again, Lauren looks at her friend burning in front of her but took a few steps back.

"What happened?" A lady asked her

"Uh, the box on the w-wall was sparking, h-he opened it and l-loose wires and-and he just fell then-then the fire and h-he just went up in flames!" Lauren tried to her out all at once while sobbing.

"He fell on a pool of gas" Lauren hears, she looks over to see the puddle, it just causes her to cry harder and fall to her knees.

"Ma'am we need to go get you checked out" the paramedic told her

"No, d-Danny" she cries, the paramedic nods

"And we'll tell you how he is, we will just be our front by the trucks" Lauren looks at her friend

"I love you Danny, wake up please don't leave me!" She sobs out then she was lead away outside to the ambulance.

"Can you tell me your name please?"

"Lauren-Lauren Jauregui, is my friend going to be okay?" The paramedic sighed

"They're doing everything they can"

"That wasn't a yes" Lauren said

"What happened to your friend...it was really bad and-but we have the best people helping him out right now" the paramedic said, Lauren sighed.

"How old are you and your friend Danny?"

"I'm 16 he's 17, he's going to be 18 in 4 days" Lauren said, the paramedic nods softly

"Have you been friends long?"

"Since I was 13 and he was 14...we met 4 days before his birthday" Lauren said mumbling the last part, but the paramedic heard.

When Lauren was all checked out her and the paramedic sat by the truck talking waiting for Danny and the emergency responders to come out. When they did Lauren broke down crying, they were pulling Danny out on a gurney with a white sheet over him, Lauren knew what that meant everyone does her best friend, her brother was gone.

"No! No! You can't give up wake him up! Please!" Lauren begs

"We did everything we could, the electric shock most likely stopped his heart and then he was on fire, there just wasn't anything we could do I'm so sorry, we tried we tried so hard" the firefighter said, Lauren shook her head.

"No, no, please wake him up!" She begs

"I'm so sorry" the firefighter said and walked off

"Let's get you to the hospital" the paramedic said, Lauren shook her head pushing her off

"No! I'm not going with you! You were meant to save him!" Lauren cried, when the paramedic tried to touch her again Lauren pushed her.

"Go away! You were meant to save him!" She yells and runs off after grabbing her and Danny's bags she brought out from the building.

——
A/N
Hi, I hope you liked the first part of this new story, please let me know what you think in the comments!

Vote

Comment

Follow me