- t w e n t y f i v e -

Start from the beginning

"Come on man, it's time." Arturo said and I nodded absent minded, following him out and standing on the altar.

"You have the rings?" I asked Arturo just as he was about to leave and he nodded, patting his chest pocket.

"Don't worry man, everything's going to be perfect." He said before walking out of the large church. 

I sure fucking hope so.

When the doors opened for him, I saw the briefest flash of white and saw the maid of honour, Vanessa, standing next to Arturo at the entrance.

The priest came to stand beside me, offering me a small reassuring smile which for some reason eased my nerves.

But once the song had started to play, everything felt more and more surreal as the best man and maid of honour made their way to the altar, followed by Hunter and Juno who were the grooms man and bridesmaid.

Then I saw Hunter's twin kids throwing flower petals on the aisle and earning loving glances from the audience who awed at them.

And then I felt my heart race suddenly as another flash of white appeared before my eyes, her head down as I saw Riccardo first as he walked hand in hand with the girl I called my bride.

Her head bowed and her eyes on the ground, she walked towards me slowly and I felt the world slow down as my eyes scanned her fully and shamefully, lingering a lot longer than I thought as satisfaction burned in my veins.

"Wear the whitest dress." My own words rang in my ears.

And when I looked at her face, I felt the world come to a stand still as I stared into those gorgeous emerald eyes.

She looked absolutely ethereal. Beautiful. Stunning. Breath taking. Gorgeous.

They stopped right in front of the altar, a silent threat passing between me and her father's eyes before he kissed the top of her head and put her hand in mine.

"Protect her with all you have." He said to me and I could hear the vulnerability in his voice.

Always.

I nodded once, my face emotionless as my large hands encased her small ones, pulling her to the altar as she stood in front of me.

Beautiful, and so fucking perfect.

And then it was just us as we looked into each other's eyes, nothing else existed as everything else faded away and we just couldn't look away.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."  The priest started as I saw her eyes glossing over.

"Eros Marco Ricci, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in holy matrimony, to love her, to honour her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked.

All attention turned to me and the words tumbled out of my mouth as if I'd been waiting my whole life for this moment.

"I do." I answered confidently, hearing her breath hitch momentarily and a tear roll down her cheek as my lips twitched in the slightest.

"Emerald Angela Rosio, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in holy matrimony, to love him, to honour him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" He asked and I looked in her eyes, waiting for her answer.

My grip on her hands tightened when another tear rolled down her cheek as she looked back at with fear.

I don't want her to fear me.