14. Sky Palace 3

.

Three days!

Three days of biting her nails in worry. Of barely eating anything. Of pacing the beautiful spacious chamber. Of refusing to leave the chamber.

And finally, on the fourth day, Kim Sae Yeon saw her father again!

"Father!" Sae Yeon ran to hug him when he entered the chamber.

"Yeon-ah!" Kim So Joon couldn't believe his eyes!

'It makes no sense!' How was his daughter here and flying into his arms, when he had held her lifeless body earlier that day?!

"Yeon-ah!" He wrapped her in a hug.

He didn't care! All he knew was that she was here right now!

It could be a dream. It could an apparition, or even mere imagination.

But he didn't care!

If that was the case, he would rather stay out of reality!

Do Young had been brought to the Sky Palace as well, and she and Sae Yeon had done their usual dance-hug ritual!

Do Young couldn't remember anything about where she was for the past three days, but Sae Yeon could care less!

They were all reunited and all her family were safe!

Everything was fine again.

.

The reunion was over, and now it was time for a long and awkward meeting between Kim So Joon, the Grand Crow, Choi Yoon and Sae Yeon.

"You made me believe my child was dead!" Kim So Joon accused during the meeting.

His appreciation for seeing Sae Yeon had turned to anger that they had made him go through that, and his eyes were shooting daggers at the Grand Crow and Choi Yoon.

Sae Yeon held his hand.

"Forgive me." The Grand Crow bowed her head gracefully. "It was necessary. Everybody had to believe that your grief was real, or you and your family would never be let off."

He understood.

It wasn't that he didn't, but he still fumed at them.

"And this marriage. You are saying it's the only way my daughter can be safe?" He squeezed Sae Yeon's hand. "Safe from the King and the Queen Dowager?"

He was against this marriage. He had just gotten his daughter back, and he didn't want to lose her again.

He couldn't hand her over to just anyone, more so to a group of strange beings who weren't human!

"Not just them." Choi Yoon was saying. "There is someone like us in the Palace, manipulating your King. The strange power behind Lee Hwi Joon.

"Surely you've heard the rumours about the red moon."

"Yes." Kim So Joon stated simply, still eyeing the two.

But he himself had heard the rumours, and it was even more glaring for an official.

It felt like power had changed hands overnight.

The Yeowook group was a powerful and formidable force.

The Queen Dowager and her son were at the center of Yeowook, while Lee Hwi Joon was practically a nobody awaiting execution.

But the night before Lee Hwi Joon was to be killed, his cousin had suddenly died.

His cousin was the Queen Dowager's son, and the current King.

After that, Lee Hwi Joon, the last blood heir had ascended the throne, and then multiple accusations and evidence against Yeowook had popped up everywhere.