10. The Welcome Dinner 2

.

Kim Sae Yeon lifted the bowl, but just as it was about to touch her lips, it was slapped out of her hands.

The chamber was suddenly filled with a strange wind.

"Oh my! Who are you?!" The first Concubine (Second place girl) gasped.

"Who is that?!" The second Concubine had dropped her own bowl in fright, and Sae Yeon glanced up sharply to see who stood before her.

It was Choi Yoon!

At first she didn't recognize him, because a dark aura surrounded him and his eyes were completely black.

The wine smell rolling off him was tremendous, and far worse than anytime she had met him. And it was made worse by the wind which blew the sharp smell around the chamber!

"Oh my! The smell!" One of the ladies exclaimed. The two ladies, the Queen Dowager, the court ladies and Palace maidens all covered their noses in various ways.

Sae Yeon was tempted to cover hers as well, but she was still transfixed at the sight of Choi Yoon.

The smell of the strange wine was nothing compared to how dense his aura felt.

His robes hung open all the way to his belt, revealing a lean muscled frame, his loose ponytail was messy, and they both blew about in the wind.

"Do you have no fear? How can you drink just anything?!" He swayed drunkenly, which was no wonder, as he was clasping a slim-necked wine jar in his hand.

Sae Yeon had never seen him like this, and pure fear flowed through her.

She had the sudden urge to run away and hide, but she refused to act on those urges.

And besides, an unhealthy anger was rising within her, and she eyed the wine jar he held.

"Aren't you the one drinking just anything? What is that strange wine? And what are you doing he-?"

"What an insult! How did you come in here?!" The Queen Dowager had cut Sae Yeon off. "Didn't you hear me?! Who are You?! Guards!! Come in he--!!" That was as far as the Queen Dowager got.

Choi Yoon had turned his dark eyes on her, and her words got caught in her throat. She opened her mouth and closed it, but no sound came out.

"Your guards are already asleep, but more importantly... How dare you interrupt me!" The wind picked up speed, rattling the tables and the bowls on top them.

The other girls, the court ladies and maidens all hastily scooted away to one corner of the chamber.

But though she was frightened, the Queen Dowager didn't move from her place. She sat ramrod straight, her nose in the air with pride.

Sae Yeon mimicked her stance. She would be the new Queen after all!

Choi Yoon ignored the Queen Dowager and crouched down in front of Sae Yeon.

His eyes returned to normal, and the dark aura and wind died away.

"Ya, Kim Sae Yeon." He glared at her, though he was obviously a lot calmer. "Why did I come to save you even when I'm like this? Huh?"

"You came to save me?" Sae Yeon scoffed. "Heol."

Choi Yoon had practically bullied her for almost four weeks. And now that she had entered the Palace like he wanted, he was here causing trouble.

"Get it straight. Did you really come to save me? What exactly did you save me from?" She scoffed again.

"I've never known what you are, but you're not human, right? Still, try to observe proper etiquette. You're frightening everybody, and ruining the dinner Grand Dowager prepared with care!"