40- Web of Lies

A/n this chapter is wild 😌

Draco's POV
Lorenzo's animated corpse was sitting with us all. Was I hallucinating? What the bloody hell did we burry if not Lorenzo. Dani flipped her hair like any other day. Was she mad? Like honestly. At this point even Riddle was shocked. Zambini was the only oblivious one.

Pansy walked in. She sat next to Nott across from me. She looked at Lorenzo and ignored him. "Hey Pansy." He said. She side eyed him. "Now you come to talk to me? What about the Yule Ball?" She said clearly annoyed. Like this was the problem. If only her dumb little brain knew the reality, that had three men horrified.

Lorenzo scratched his head. "Well it was let's say... complicated." He looked  at Dani. She nodded slightly. Pansy wasn't looking at him. So we did burry him? Was he alive?Why did he seek Dani's approval like they had a bloody inside joke we all failed to hear.

"Pansy, I was bloody mad. I found out about you and Draco, and my reaction wasn't mature sure. But I mean let's face it I have more reason to be mad." He said like a well rehearsed speech for elections. I realized I was chewing on my straw and gawking at the conversation.

Pansy's posture slumped. "Well... it's over now. For what it's worth I'm sorry Lorenzo, it was a mistake." She fidgeted with her necklace averting his eyes.

A smirk replaced his frown of suspicion. "It's okay. All is forgiven." He quickly glanced at Dani. Again.

I squinted my eyes. I knew there was something odd. "I'll see you at the pre party. I'm going to class." I got up. "When have you ever went to class early?" Zambini laughed. I rolled my eyes and left.

Dani's POV
Everything was going smoothly. Everyone was freaking out, and by everyone I meant Draco, Theodore and Riddle. Although all would be handled. I needed rest. I was exhausted and tired. I hadn't slept last night. I was planning on skipping classes and taking a nap until the pregame. "Guys I'm tired, I'll see you later." I waved them off. No one follows me. They probably thought I was going to classes.

I went to my dorm and spelled the door locked. I got into my comfy black, T-shirt that was ripped on the left shoulder from over washing it, but the comfort was still there. I imagined my mom yelling at me.

Danielle, get that wash cloth off you! You look like a bloody peasant.

Her criticism still haunted me. I stuttered and got goosebumps. The fact that I had the elves and Lorenzo help me with Damien's corpse was beyond my wildest thoughts, of how I'd spent my night yesterday. Although I burned him to a crisp. No need for any more resurrections. I shook my head it was all so complex and so dramatic. I didn't have time to process any of it. We missed last nights Death Eater meeting since Dumbledore called us in his office, but it was unavoidable.

I laid my head on my soft pillow and dozed off.

The daily prophet  has the official story released! And it's shocking! The truth is revealed.

May 23rd this year

Theodore Nott was always infatuated with Dani Silverclaw. He knew that she was the one for him, but he could never seem to catch her attention. Being a Slytherin, Theodore was used to getting what he wanted, but Dani was different. She had a fire in her that attracted him like a moth to a flame.

Despite his best efforts, Dani never showed any interest in Theodore. She was too busy with her secret boyfriend, Mattheo Riddle. Theodore was hurt, but he couldn't stay away from Dani. He became obsessed with her, following her every move and watching her from a distance. He was convinced that she would eventually realize that he was the one for her.