Chapter Twenty-One

Toria had been in a state of somewhat bliss since the somewhat interaction with Miss P, where the beautiful woman had rested her head atop the brunettes shoulder. She still thought about it, even now two days later and standing out in the garden on the outskirts watching over all the children as they played.

She'd spoken to Miss Peregrine since that moment, the woman in blue either didn't remember or she didn't see it as anything worth talking about. 

Though Toria had noticed some slight changes in the Headmistress' behaviour towards her, though it could just be wishful thinking, Toria swore that Alma's casual looks in her direction had become longer and that whilst making meals she was less careful about grazing her hand against Toria's. 

Could it be something more? Probably not but Toria was a dreamer and there was nothing wrong with dreaming.

Alongside her thoughts of Alma, the incident with the tea had been right next to them. Toria had actually talked to Emma and Miss P about it and quite quickly after Miss Peregrine asked her to close her eyes and think of a book appearing on the table and one did, they were almost a hundred percent certain they'd discovered Toria's peculiarity. 

The ability to make the objects of her imagination a reality.

Since then the brunette had been practicing making all sorts of things appear, from a new outfit, to a doll for Claire and new shoes for Bronwyn. Well that was until Miss Peregrine put a stop to it and said that Toria couldn't spoil the children like that, so she was restricted to only making things appear that she already owned or unless it was absolutely necessary.

This new rule of course hadn't stopped Toria from trying, of course she didn't want to go against Alma entirely, so she'd only created little things: hair pieces, a dairy and pen and a present for a certain bird, she only needed to find the perfect time to give it her.

"Toria! Toria!" A voice called out to the woman standing on the outskirts of the garden and Toria was quickly pulled away from her thoughts and was now looking out for the location of the voice shouting her name.

It didn't take long though for her to notice that it was Emma calling her name, as the blonde was waving her over profusely and quickly catching the hint Toria did a little jog over to the group of children that had gathered next to the topiaries.

"Hi, Is everything alright?" Toria asked the group of children before looking upon Emma for an answer.

"Yeah everything's fine, we're going to play a game and wondered if you wanted to play to," Emma said, though she didn't really ask the last part like a question but more of a statement as if she expected Toria to play regardless.

"Yes of course I'll play, what's the game?" Toria asked eagerly, as she loved playing games especially when it involved a lot of people, there was nothing better than having a bit of fun with all your friends, even if seemed a little childish, which of course gave Toria the perfect excuse to play, as everyone else playing was a child of some sort.

"It's hide and se..." Emma began to say but suddenly cut herself off and with a perplexed look Toria wondered why the blonde had stopped talking mid sentence. Yet a majority of suspicions were put to rest when Toria felt the presence of another person standing close behind her, more than was considered normal, and seeing as all the children were already standing in front of her that left just one other inhabitant. Miss Peregrine.

Toria's suspicions were confirmed the moment she heard the birds soft but authoritative tone speaking behind her, "And what's gone on here?" She asked kindly only simply being intrigued as to what all her children and Toria were up to.

"Oh we're going to play hide and seek," Emma began to explain to Miss Peregrine who'd now stepped forward and was standing next to Toria instead of behind her, and as she did a shiver ran down the brunette's entire body. "Do you want to play Miss P?" Emma asked hopefully, looking between Alma and Toria as she asked.