Chapter 42 - His First Party - Part 3

Comenzar desde el principio

Evan's mind was clouded not only by alcohol but also by the excitement he felt during this conversation. For a moment, he seemed to forget that it could have serious consequences.

"Um." Rory's brow furrowed as he thought. He probably didn't have a problem remembering something, but rather he didn't know how to present it so he wouldn't sound like a fool.

"C'mon. I wanna know." Evan was jumping with anticipation. The combination of alcohol and a wolf was not exactly the best. Despite his nerves, Rory let out a bubbly laugh. Pleased with his reaction, Evan gave him his best grin in return.

"Okay, okay," he agreed and continued, "Sometimes I feel like the weather changes because of him. For example, one day it rained, and I said we were going to get wet, and he immediately said we weren't because when school ends, there won't be rain. He said it with such certainty, and indeed, it was still raining while I was changing my shoes, but when I went outside, the sun was already shining."

Evan's head bobbed in agreement again.

"More," he managed a single word. With every other word Rory said, he felt like it was a good idea to tell him about himself, so he needed more.

But before the other boy could open his mouth, the door behind them opened and a group of boys their age burst in.

"Later?" Evan wasn't going to give up on this conversation so easily. Rory agreed, and they walked out of the toilets together. They were immediately engulfed by the loud music, and the sight in front of them flickered between colourful lights.

...

It was no longer possible to say that it was night since it was supposed to be dawn in a few hours. The movements of the dancers on the floor were no longer as coordinated or as energetic as they had been in the beginning, and Evan could have sworn he smelled vomit somewhere in the corner. The beginning of the night had its charm, but after midnight it quickly began to fade like Cinderella after the ball.

"Has it always smelled like this in here?" Lola asked. Her Prince Charming had already gone home, so her fairy-tale night was over. Although judging by the smile she had on her face until now, it didn't ruin her good mood. Actually, they were all in good spirits, although they were starting to get tired.

"I don't know, but I need some fresh air. Now." They all immediately agreed with Angie and made their way to the back entrance. They got back together sometime an hour ago, and since then, no one has been running anywhere. The unwritten rule was that they stayed together until it was time to go home.

"Finally," Angie let out a dramatic sigh as the night breeze hit her face.

"Guess it's time to go home," Josh stated, and several hummed in agreement. Millie and Clara were barely able to stay on their feet, Lola even took off her shoes because her feet hurt, Angie had a bored expression on her face as if she wanted to be anywhere else, and the boys looked even worse.

"Agree. I feel like I'm sleeping standing up. And on the way out, I stepped into something I don't even want to know what it was." Aiden shuddered.

"Pretty sure it was vomit," Rory answered him without hesitation. He looked the best of them as he only had one shot all night.

"I need to sit down for a while so my legs can deflate, and we can go. That is if one of you wants to carry me," said Lola. Her proposal was to Rory, Evan, and Angie as they were spending the night at her place. However, none of them responded.

"Nobody said we all have to go together. We go in different directions anyway," Millie declared.

"True," Kieran agreed and leaned against the wall next to Evan. His eyes immediately closed, and he suddenly looked even more tired than before.