Chapter 12 - Mine

Nicki held up a slinky black dress in front of herself in the mirror

Nicki held up a slinky black dress in front of herself in the mirror. She frowned. It was too plain, she needed something more daring, more riskay. She tossed it onto her bed and started rifling through her closet again. In just a few hours she and Beyoncé would be returning the Lillith's Den, they were finally going to get a chance to be together openly. Beyoncé had told Nicki that there was an unwritten rule in the BDSM community that outing anyone was unforgivable. The rules of Lillith's Den added that extra layer of privacy, so what happened at Lillith's stayed at Lillith's.

Nicki let out a whistful sigh, they were going back to the place where it all began for her, the place that had awakened her to all kinds of unexpected pleasures, the place that had revealed a side of her boss that she never expected. But that wasn't all that was special, up until now everything between her and Beyoncé had felt like a game. So far, Nicki had only dipped her toes into the world of submission. She longed to finally get that full taste of surrender she yearned for.

Nicki wanted tonight to be perfect, which meant she had to look perfect. She drew her fingers through her hair, earlier in the day she'd dyed it an even darker jet black than her usual shade to compliment her look for the night. She'd felt the need to do something different with her hair, she usually changed it when she was feeling restless and she was definitely feeling restless today, mostly in a good way. She pulled a short leather skirt out of her closet along with a dark red blouse, with a neckline in the shape of a deep V. The neckline meant that she couldn't wear a bra with it, but that wasn't a disadvantage. She held it up before herself in the mirror, satisfied that with some fishnet stockings, a pair of heels and lipstick in her favourite shade of red it would be the perfect outfit. One look at her and Beyoncé wouldn't be able to resist.

Nicki hung the outfit up on the door of her closet, then sat down on her bed. She still had an hour before she needed to start getting ready. Perhaps it was time to deal with the problem that had been plaguing her for weeks now. She still hadn't heard from her sister. As much as she worried about what might've happened to her sister there was also a selfishness to Nicki's concerns, she didn't want to loose the only connection she had with her past. Despite what she had told Beyoncé, Nicki hadn't entirely let go of her old life, it was hard for her to admit it, but she longed for what she'd left behind, what she'd given up. Purpose, meaning, family and love. It didn't make sense, her family had turned their back on her, they'd shown her that their love had strings, and yet Nicki still missed them.

She grabbed her phone and dialled her aunts number. At ten years older than Nicki, Tanya had been somewhat of a big sister to her when she'd taken her in. Nicki had needed one at the time, after her sheltered upbringing the real world had been a shock. Without Tanya she would've been lost. Tanya answered the phone after only a couple of rings.

Nicki, it so good to hear from you! It's been a while.

Hi Tanya

Nicki felt a pang of guilt. Since moving to the city for college her and Tanya only saw each other once or twice a year, they used to speak on the phone at least once a week but over time Nicki had gotten lazy when it came to keeping in touch.