CHAPTER 8- CHALLENGE

A/N- So I just realized that I haven't updated this book since I published Heart of vengeance. 😭 I'll try to update more often.

______________________________________________________

"Noona, can I leave early just for today? I promise I'll make it up to you. I'll come extra early tomorrow and help you open up."

Chaeyoung looks at her part-timer. He radiated a restless energy, looking every bit the college student that he was.

Chaeyoung knew what this was about. She wasn't blind after all. Chaeyoung had seen Beomgyu crush after a regular at their bakery for quite a while now. She also knew how he had finally got the courage to ask the girl out. Chaeyoung sighs internally feeling happy. Ahh Young love. How adorable.

Chaeyoung hides a smirk, maintaining a strict façade and turns around causing Beomgyu to sputter after her. "I know I should've asked you before but I was nervous and I-",Beomgyu stops his rant when Chaeyoung shoves a box into his hands.

His eyebrows wrinkle in confusion and he peeks inside. It was a Bischoff Cheesecake. His crush's favorite. She always ordered one whenever she came to the café.

He looks up with surprise. Chaeyoung doesn't hide her smile this time. "I was wondering when you'd ask me." She makes a shooing motion with her hands. "Run along now, don't make her wait on your first date."

Beomgyu jumps in his place. He had the best employer. He quickly hugs her, making sure the box doesn't get squished between them and says, "Thank you, thank you!"

Chaeyoung laughs to herself as she watches the boy quickly change out of his apron and run outside.

She glances down at her phone to check if she had any texts from the sweet ajumma who had been kind enough to watch after her Heejin. The old lady lived in the same apartment complex as hers and loved children. She had offered to look after her even before Chaeyoung had given birth to her daughter.

The bell over the door rings, alerting her of a new customer. "Welcome!"

She notes three high school boys who walk in as if they own the place. One throws his bag on the ground and plops onto the chair before propping his foot on the table.

Chaeyoung's brows furrow in concern. She puts on her most charming smile. And waits patiently behind the counter. They didn't like to be asked what they wanted to order as soon as they got in. The best way to deal with them was to stay out of their way and let them eat and leave.

The boys as she expected were a rowdy bunch and were loud and brash, disturbing other customers. Chaeyoung expectantly waited till they were finished with their drinks and food and were ready to leave.

The boys were finally leaving and Chaeyoung internally sighed.

One boy stops all of a sudden and smirks at her. Chaeyoung avoids eye contact but when she hears him chortle, her eyes flick up just in time to see him point and laugh at her.

The other two boys turn and get similar sinister looks on their face

Chaeyoung didn't understand where their moods were coming from. But it all makes sense when one boy crudely points toward her breasts and starts teasing her.

She looks down in horror to see her breasts leaking milk. She closes her eyes tightly, scolding herself. Chaeyoung was in a hurry that morning and didn't pump out her breast milk.

She feels tears burn at the back of her eyes.

"It looks like we should come here often. Didn't know you served this kind of milk here too."