CHAPTER 1- WE'LL BE ALRIGHT

Jungkook's eyes twitch looking at the mess in front of his apartment.

He slowly turns his head to the right, burning holes into the door opposite his. Someone was moving into the previously vacant apartment it seems.

He kicks at one of the folded cardboard boxes on the ground.

"Aish!" So annoying.

His mind flashes back to last night when he heard things being moved around and something hammering against the wall.

Jungkook glares at the opposing door for a whole minute before entering his own apartment and slamming the door loudly.

He was planning on working on the new project he had landed. But with all this disturbance, it didn't seem like he could get his work done on time.

His new neighbor hadn't even moved in yet and had already started to annoy the fuck outta him.

_________

Chaeyoung wipes her hand on a towel after moving everything to its intended position.

She could already feel her feet swelling up. She needed a long warm bath.

But as she walks into her bedroom and sees the unpacked suitcases her eyes well up in tears. God she felt stupid. She really had no reason to cry. It was so stupid. But she was tired and it was one of those days. It was at times like this that she regretted not telling anyone her whereabouts before she moved.

This was a new place where no one knew her. No one knew where she was. Not her family, not her friends and none of her acquaintances.

But this was her decision and she was gonna follow through with it.

Though, it did feel awfully lonely at times. Like now. She always imagined her friends helping her move in and her dad being overbearing and annoying her about her safety and the horrors of living alone.

But now was not the time to sit and wallow in my own misery.

She blamed it on the pregnancy hormones. Though she knew that without a doubt, she was the biggest crybaby in the world even without them.

One step at a time. She tries to reassure herself. I'll be alright. "We'll be alright", She whispers, caressing her bump with a watery smile.

__________

Chaeyoung had thought that soaking in the bathtub would help her sleep better but looks like she was out of luck despite working the whole day to move stuff around.

"If I can't sleep, better be productive then.", She whispers to herself.

Chaeyoung looks at the laid out pieces of the furniture wondering where each piece goes. Stupid manual is of no use.

The shelf doesn't even look halfway done.

She groans and looks over to the cradle. That one was way easier.

Chaeyoung was hammering away at a nail when suddenly she hears a door slam open and then two seconds later a banging starts on her front door.

With wide eyes, Chaeyoung looks over to the wall clock . It was 2a.m. Who could be knocking at this ungodly hour?  A pang of fear shoots through her. It was 2.AM. What the hell? She knew this was a good neighborhood. She made sure before moving in . Before anything, safety was her first concern.

The banging gets louder and in spite of her fear she walks up to the door and looks through the intercom.

She could see a man standing in front of her door and the door behind him opened. Oh shit. This was her neighbor. At Least it wasn't a serial killer targeting helpless women. But she already knew she messed up. Who in their right minds would fix up furniture at this time?

She slowly opens the door to a very intimidating looking man.

"Hello.", She says in a small voice.

The guy facing her looked like he had just been woken up from his sleep and he looked very very angry.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Hu-h?", She stutters. Chaeyoung wasn't good with confrontation.

"Look at the time Miss. Some people need to sleep. You can't be banging around this late at night.", Jungkook says sternly. He didn't give two fucks if he was coming off as rude. He was in the middle of his sleep when he was woken by the relentless banging.

"I'm sorry." She says in a small voice, feeling terrible already.

"And I was meaning to say this earlier but didn't get a chance to. You can't leave cartons lying around here. Keep in mind that there are other people living here so please take out your trash and don't leave it in the hallway, it was such a hassle to step over it. And lady, be mindful of everything else you're going to do from now on."

Chaeyoung didn't leave them there on purpose. She was waiting to unpack everything and throw it away all at once. It was not easy walking around with a bump.

Jungkook looks at the woman trying to hold her in tears, lips trembling.

God. What a small little thing she was. The sweatshirt she was wearing was huge and reached her mid thigh. He kind of felt bad seeing her watery eyes. But it wasn't his fault. He was just telling the truth. Otherwise, she'll get it in her head that she can just cause disorder in this apartment.

Chaeyoung looks to the ground and grabs her door handle tightly trying to hide behind it. She hated the situation she was in. "I'm sorry.", she says feebly.

Jungkook shoots another glance at her door and turns back to his apartment without another word and slams his door noisily, making her flinch.

Chaeyoung lets out a whimper and cowers back into her new home.

She didn't even fully spent a day here and she already fucked up.

_________

Chaeyoung didn't want to cause anymore trouble and had decided to stack up the rest of the boxes inside her house and throw them out together.

Once she was finally done unpacking she gathers them all in her arms. Maybe this was a bad idea. She couldn't properly see what was in front of her with so much stuff.

But this was easier than taking the elevator multiple times.

Jungkook looks inside his grocery bag excitedly. He couldn't wait to drink his banana milk. When he woke up this morning to see he ran out of stock he was shocked. He never ran out Banana milk. So, he decided to do grocery shopping today.

Just as he was entering his passcode, his neighbor opens her door.

Jungkook shoots a weary glance behind him but does a double take when he sees the amount of stuff she was carrying.

How can she see like that?

Just as that thought pops into his head, he gets his answer. Simple. She couldn't.

The girl walks forward and bumps into him sending all of the stuff tumbling onto his head. The grocery bag slips from his hand in the commotion and ends up falling on his feet. A very heavy object lands right on his toes causing him to yelp in pain.

He hears a gasp before he loses balance and falls on the ground surrounded by cardboard boxes both folded and not.

He smacks a box away and his stormy eyes make contact with Chaeyoung's very scared ones.

"WHAT THE FUCK WOMAN?"

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't see you."

"No shit. What, too lazy to make a few trips downstairs?"

"Yes-No-No. I was just-"

Jungkook lifts his hand out to her to signal her to stop. "I don't need excuses I just don't want you causing any more trouble."

"I'm sorry.", She sniffles. She goes to help him up but he knocks her hands away and gets up himself, angrily grabs his bags and flounces into his house.

Chaeyoung chews her lips in guilt.

She just kept making things worse.