33: The Overlooked

We were hiding at Derek's place waiting for Ms.Blake. We knew she would show up to manipuate Derek. I watch waiting for the signal to walk out. 

"They're already here, aren't they? So... they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" Ms. Blake says angry. We step out behind her. 

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott says. 

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense" She says. I roll my eyes. 

"Where's my dad?" Stiles says. A tear rolled down his face. I grabbed his hand as an attempt to comfort him. 

"How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this" Ms. Blake says. 

"Do you know what happened to Stiles's father?" Derek asks. 

"No" She says.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia" Scott says. He was angry. He was holding his ground. 

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that" She says pretending to be confused. 

"What do you know?" Derek asks. 

"I know that these-these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way" Ms. Blake says. 

"What if we can?" I ask holding up a jar of crushed mistletoe. 

"What is that?" She asks. I hand it to Scott. 

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure... which means you can use it... and it can be used against you" Scott says opening the bottle. 

"Mistletoe?" She asks. Scott throws it at her. We hear her screaming. Her face turned deformed and ugly. I gasp holding onto Stiles arm backing up. I felt his hand cover mine. She then turned back to normal when the dust around her cleared. She tried to run but Derek grabbed her. He held her by the neck and took out his claws. 

"Derek, wait, wait! You need me" She begs. 

"What are you?" Derek asks. 

"The only person who can save your sister. Call Peter. Call him!" She yells. Derek did as she said. Cora was throwing up mistletoe. Derek started to choke Ms. Blake even more. 

"Derek. Derek, what are you doing?" Scott yells. 

"Her life... it's in my hands!" She says trying to breathe. Derek raised her up in the air. 

"Stop. Derek, stop!" Stiles yelled. 

"Stilinski, you'll never find him" She said. 

"Derek stop! Derek!" I yell. He threw her to the ground. 

"That's right. You need me. All of you. You should know I'm not doing this because I have to. I want to. I could still run, and you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. But I don't want your sister to die. I'm only doing what I had to do" She smiles at all of us. I want her dead so bad. 

-

-

-

I was in the car with Stiles and Scott. 

"I don't know, something feels wrong about this. You know, we proved it to Derek, but she still had this look like it didn't matter. You know, like it was all still going according to plan. You saw it, didn't you?" Stiles says. I nod. I know what he's talking about. We pulled up to the hospital. It was pouring as we ran out of the car. Stiles had a bat in his hand.