Chapter 6: Shadow Game

Start from the beginning

The Flame Swordsman
1800 ATK/1600 DEF

Joey appeared on the field, armed with a fiery red sword and impressive armor. He was also equally as confused.
"Hey? What gives? Hey, Yugi-." He of course screamed when he turned to look at them. "What the-!? You're both giants!"
"No, you are just small." (Y/N) corrected.
"Oh man, I finally cracked."
"Joey, listen to me." 'Yugi' said. "Your soul has been sealed inside your favorite card. You've become the Flame Swordsman."
"I'm the who!?"
"Yugi needs to duel to restore you to normal." (Y/N) took over the explanation. "But if you're defeated, you'll be sent to the Graveyard like Tristan."
"Graveyard!?"
"In order for me to win this duel, restore you all back to your bodies, and get us out of the Shadow Realm, I'm going to need your help." The male spirit said.
Joey perked up at this. "You want my help, you got my help!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. I figure I've lost my mind, but I'm gonna go with it. Now, who wants a beating, huh?" He then faced Bakura. "Giant Bakura!? Now I know I'm nuts! I'm like 6 inches tall, wearin' a dress, about to fight my giant friend!?"
"That wouldn't be your friend currently." (Y/N) corrected. "A malevolent spirit sealed in the Millennium Ring is currently controlling him."
"Well...I have no idea what you're talkin' about, so here goes nothing!" Joey charged at White Magical Hat, cleaving the monster in two and dropping Bakura's lifepoints. "Whoa, man! I did it, Yugi! Now what?"
"Now, it's his turn."
Yugi 2000 LP/ Bakura 1200 LP

Bakura growled at them, drawing his card. "Your little swordsman got lucky last time, Yugi, but not this time!"
The malevolent spirit placed a facedown in defense and ended his turn.

Yugi 2000 LP/ Bakura 1200 LP
"This reeks of a trap." (Y/N) warned.
Joey, still not noticing the spirit was a different person, readied his sword. "Don't worry, Rain! Joey the Swordsman's got this!"
"Joey, wait!" 'Yugi' warned as the card Joey attacked flipped to reveal Morphing Jar.

Morphing Jar
700 ATK/600 DEF

Joey sliced through the beast, causing Bakura to smirk.
"What a dolt."
"A Morphing Jar." (Y/N) growled.
"Huh? A Morphing Jar?" Joey said, not liking her tone. "Did I screw up?"
"Not as much as you could have." (Y/N) assured. "When Morphing Jar is attacked, all cards in both players' hands go to the Graveyard. Fortunately, no one was in his hand."
Joey got on his knees apologetically. "Whoa, sorry, Yuge!"
Both players discard their hands and redrew. Other Yugi immediately took notice of Dark Magician and began to panic. What would happen if he played it? However, he also noticed a few of these cards, besides the ones given to him by his friends, were not his own. He didn't recognize two spell cards, however he noticed how thematically tied they seemed to be to Rain's monsters through the artwork. This was Rain's deck!
(Y/N)'s eyes widened. "How did you-!?" She then took a deep breath. "Joey, when you shuffled Yugi's deck for luck, did you accidentally mix my deck with his?"
The blonde froze up before giving a bashful smile. "Uh, maybe?"
She looked ready to strangle him, but kept her composure. "It's fine, we'll fix it later. Most of my cards function similarly to yours so it shouldn't be an issue."
"I hope you're right." He then read the effect of the other spell from her deck and realized he could use it, setting it facedown and ending the turn.

Yugi 2000 LP/ Bakura 1200 LP

"With a new hand comes a new perspective." The malevolent spirit taunted, choosing only to set a monster facedown and what was likely a trap. "The game is ever shifting. New dangers surround every turn."

Yugi 2000 LP/ Bakura 1200 LP

The Other Yugi drew, drawing Monster Reborn. He realized Bakura was trying to scare him, to make him mess up, yet despite not knowing his strategy, the spirit knew he had to risk it.
"I summon the Dark Magician."
The real Yugi then appeared on the field, dawned the armor of and wielding the staff of the Dark Magician and looking very confused.