Nine - tornado

This story takes place when they're both in 11th grade (3rd year of highschool).

Comment and Vote if you like this chapter

There's currently a tornado watch/warning in my area and I'm bored enough to write about it.

POV Craig

Me and my mom are out shopping when my phone vibrates in my pocket. I get a notification from the notorious group chat.

It's an image, Tolkien sent it. The image shows a screen shot of the top of the screen 'TORNADO WARNING FOR SOUTH PARK, PARK COUNTY.' 

wtf   Tolkien had said along with the image

WHAT.  I text to the group

What an amazing opportunity  Clyde says with a bunch of emojis

CLYDE NO.
no way I thought this shit only happened in the mid west 
Tolkien says

I explain that the sky where I am are clear and no one at the store I am in is panicking yet, and that google says it's currently in Arizona.

Tweek hasn't responded whatsoever to the group chat, but I'm assuming he saw the messages.

I text him privately, asking him if he is okay. No response.

"Get off your phone, Craig." My mom urges me.

"Ugh but there's a tornado warning." I say.

"I know, but its bad to walk and text." She argues. I roll my eyes.

I call Tweek and he picks up, but he doesn't say anything. So I speak first.

"Honey? You there?" I say, "How are you?" 

I just hear his heavy breathing from the phone with no verbal response. He must be freaking out.

I go into my calm voice, and start talking again.

"Everything is going to be okay. Don't worry, Tweek." I say, attempting to calm him down. I hear him make a small sniffle.

"I'll be over later, don't be scared. I'm shopping with my mom, everyone in here seems fine, no one is worried." I say, "Bye, love you. See you later, babe." I say and then hang up.

When me and my mother left the store, the sky was getting gray with clouds, ready to burst and cause a storm. "Great" I think to myself while sighing.

It's currently April fools day, how ironic. (true story of my life right now)

On the ride home we kept driving towards the growing dark cloud because that's unfortunately where our house is located.

We watched as a huge strike of lightning struck sideways, all across the sky. It was beautiful yet also terrifying. It lights up the sky completely but only for a second

"I hope we don't lose power." My mom says.

"Same." I reply in shock.

When mom and I get home I tell her I'm going to Tweek's. She tells me I'm not allowed so I just wait until she's in her room and then I leave quietly. I have a driver's license but I'm not supposed to be outside right now; she might hear me turn on the car or she might need to use it later so I guess I'll just have to walk.

Since it's April there is still some snow on the ground but it's a little warmer, I can deal with it.

It's pouring rain out so I brought a rain jacket and slyly left my front door when no one was around.