One - The accident

Please vote and comment!

In this story, they're in 8th grade.

POV Craig

I look in front of me and see an anxious Tweek walking hurriedly towards me. He is being smushed by other kids in the school hallway unintentionally. He blonde hair has lots of split ends and it's pretty uneven. His eye bags darker than usual, nearing a light plum color. He is holding his books and folders tightly, batting his eyes around at every small thing that comes his way. He finally gets to my locker.

I stare at him and look into his pretty green eyes that resemble nature. "Hey Tweek." I say waiting for him to speak.

He hesitates before talking. "Hi Craig," He pauses for a split second, "We have math together right now." He states. I nod, confirming his previous statement. I grab his hand as we wait for the number of students hallway to die down, then going to class.

"How are you today?" I ask as we start walking. He looks tired.

"Uhm, I'm okay I guess." He responds. He then drops one of his books on the floor by accident.

"Oh. Are you sure you're good?" I state, while stopping in the hall. He doesn't answer me and just picks up his dropped book, pretending he didn't hear me. We keep walking and eventually get to class before the bell rings. We sit next to each other like always, at a table with Scott Malkinson and Bebe Stevens.

Finally the class ends and the school day is over. I go to grab Tweek's hand but he is just sitting there, slightly shaking and staring off into nothing. I snap my fingers in his face.

"Yo, you good?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. I just was zoning out. Math is boring." He says.

"Haha, that's fair." I respond. We interlock hands and walk to our lockers to grab our coats. Once we leave the school I see all the students fleeing, walking home or riding the bus. The middle school isn't big but it still had a fair amount of students that attend.

We start slowly walking home, letting everyone go ahead of us. Today we are hanging out, like we do every week on fridays.

"Where do you want to go?" I say. He doesn't notice me talking to him. "Hello?" I speak up.

He whips his head to face me. "Sorry, what'd you say?" he says. Odd.

"I said, where would you like to go, since you said we would hang out today." I respond with slight annoyance in my voice.

"How about the park?" He says lightly, in his signature raspy voice. 

I smile. "Sure." I love the park during summer, it's so beautiful. It reminds me of Tweek's eyes and trademark green shirt. Unfortunately, it's still very much winter, so its mostly just white snow. We walk to the park, which is nearly empty. As we walk I crunch the snow beneath me, a much familiar feeling.

We sit on a bench in silence, just breathing in the cold air. I look around at the natural scenery. Wind blowing the trees around, the clear sky. The snow glistening in the sun, twinkling back at me in such an abstract way, each snowflake different. 

I look over at Tweek. His nose and cheeks bright red from the cold, and his breath coming out as fog, like a mini cloud. His hair flying everywhere from the wind, in a chaotic but cute way. We are still holding hands, but we're wearing gloves. He isn't really wearing a lot, and it's freezing, so he's kind of shivering.

"You're cold. Want my jacket?" I question. He shakes a little before speaking.

"No, it's okay." he says.