Kingdoms (Part three- kiss)

Mike's mind fought sleep the whole night. All he could think about was Will, his eyes, body, smile. His voice especially. He thought about returning to Will and telling him then that he liked him and didn't care who knew. Like some corny romance, they would kiss in the rain with more passion than thought possible. Their hands would be rubbing each other's faces and hips. Things would lead to another until it was their own private business what happened. 

He tossed in his bed, thinking of anything else to rid him from these distracting thoughts. Not that he minded them, he just needed to go to sleep. He couldn't imaging being tired when he saw Will next. He despised the hours that lay between their next meet. 

The raging thunderstorm outside came to a sudden halt, Mike's ears started ringing at the silence. He did not think it was odd, not that he really thought anything of it. Mike could only hope to dream about the boy he so deeply admired. And he did. He dreamed his first dream in color. Will stood in front of him, smiling at Lucas as if he had told him a joke, and Mike just watched as an outsider as he moved and talked in slow motion. 

Lucas had rudely awoken him with the harsh natural light that had been tucked away behind his thick curtains. "Wake up, man." He said. His chain armor made a small clang with every step he took, each one echoing through Mike's hardly awake mind. 

"What are you doing?" Mike asked, sleep still laced his voice. 

"You invited Dustin and me to breakfast." Lucas stated, pulling out three chairs from the table in Mike's chamber. 

"Right." Mike said, sitting up for a while, trying to wake himself up faster. Dustin came in carrying three silver plates in his hands and arms, setting one down in front of Lucas and the other two where he and Mike would sit. Mike joined the two at the table and ate as much as he felt he could. Excitement filled his stomach, he needed ways to pass the time. 

Not a word was spoken between the three. It did not feel uncomfortable for any of them. One thing Mike has learned about silence is if you feel the need to break it, then you haven't spoken enough. If Mike were to sit in a room of just he and Will, he would want to talk his ear off, do anything to fill the void of nothingness. He would want to know him better. But because he's known Lucas and Dustin for so long, they had run out of things to talk about. 

He was sure they were burning with anticipation at the upcoming visit tonight. 

"Do you think Max will be there tonight?" Lucas asked, bouncing his leg. 

"I hope so," Dustin said. "What about you and Will? What do you think you guys will do?" Dustin asked Mike, hitting their knees together under the table to get his attention. 

Mike let out a sigh, "I don't know." He said.

"Well, we'll be sure to give the two of you space." Lucas winked. Mike only rolled his eyes. He was so tired of thinking about Will, it was hurting him. Not that he couldn't do it all day, but just knowing he was only hours away from being able to see him, to touch him, to hear him. His breath became hot, his face red, but he reminded himself that it was not the boys' fault. He could not be mad at them, though that was the only thing he wanted to do in the moment. What else would he take his anger out on?

He missed Will so much he could hardly stand it. 

They finished eating, nothing eventful happened. No more words were shared until they were completely done with their food, then Dustin left the room carrying the plates, Lucas followed him out with the chalices. Mike walked over to his window and rested his shoulder on the wall, watching the rain streak down the window, the depressing gray mirroring his mood. 

That afternoon Mike talked to the king. The conversation was brief; a short, "I won't be joining you for dinner." Was all Mike needed to say, then he turned and left. Sometimes he wondered if his father even had a consciousness, and if so, did he ever think anything? It sometimes felt as though he were talking to a wall.