~thirteen~

rikis pov:

"anyway, how was your first day? did you make new friends?" my mom was always so enthusiastic about me having my first day at a new school, she seemed to think it would be life changing or something, if i was honest, i missed my old school.

"its not as good as my old school, but its alright i guess" i saw my mom frown when she heard me say that. she must have been expecting alot more from me, but it was true, and i miss my old friends.

the whole ride home was pretty silent after that, i wasn't sure if she was feeling guilty or if she was annoyed. oh well

"did you not make any new friends then?" she seemed really disappointed about my day, the school was advertised to be amazing, but she thought it seemed far from it.
i guess y/n is my friend, but i knew my mom would probably be surprised that i'd made friends with a girl, because i never really spoke to any girls in japan.

"uh, not really, i was just focused on getting to know the place, and, i mean, people here are different, they don't wanna be friends with the new kid, it's weird"
i saw her frown, "i'm sure they do, riki, surely you've made atleast one friend, you need to be more positive!" she gently hit my arm and i rolled my eyes.

"anyways, answer my question, why were you on a random housing estate? were you with somebody?"
i didn't want to tell my mom that i'd made friends with a girl, she's gonna start asking me everything, assuming i like y/n and stuff, she's the only nice person i've seen so far.

"oh, uhm that was just my friend, his name is jae-sung, he's pretty nice" as soon as i said that i felt guilty for lying about her, and i felt like it was maybe a bit too early to start mentioning girls, my mom might get the wrong idea.

"ohhh, so you did make a new friend!" she chuckled and went back to focusing on the road

"yeah.."

y/ns pov:

"y/n! come get dinner! i made your favourite!" your mom called for you and you could already smell the food, you pushed your chair away from your desk, smiling, you hadn't been able to stop thinking about the new kid, so much so you'd been sat at your desk doing nothing for an hour just thinking of him.

"coming!" you called back and quickly ran down the stairs, unable to wipe the smile off your face. heeseung looked at you and rolled his eyes.
"y/n, why are you in such a good mood? you know this new kid is probably just using you at the moment, he's gonna become friends with all of your bullies and start bullying you too. i saw you walk past the window with him and he looks like that sort of guy. why are you even-"

"heeseung that's enough. why can't you just be happy for your sister? you're never happy either, but when you come home in a good mood we don't question it" your father gave him a stern look, to which he rolled his eyes and just continued eating.

you looked down and sighed, messing around with your food on your plate, the thought of riki leaving you and going off with your bullies really scared you, even though you hadn't known him for that long. he felt like your only real friend.

"come on y/n, it's your favourite, eat up!" your mom smiled at you. you were just looking down, you shook your head and slowly pushed your plate away

"i'm not hungry."

you stood up from the table and walked back upstairs slowly, you left your phone on the table by mistake, but you didn't want to go back downstairs and get it.

heeseungs pov:

i did feel quite bad, but she should expect the worst, as horrible as it sounded. people had done this to her before, she used to actually be on good terms with colson, until he just started bullying her.
i try to talk to her nicely about stuff like this, but she never listens. so i have to be passive aggressive, it makes me feel bad but she will never listen to me if i don't.
all i really want to do is protect her, i'm fed up of seeing her come home hurt because of people making fun of her, i never show it but i really can't stand it.
i don't trust her friends, i don't trust this new kid, i don't want him hurting my sister, i never want to see her upset over kids from her school again.

"well done heeseung. you always manage to ruin things for her, why can't you just be nice to your sister? just be happy for her for once, she's found a friend and you've already found away to make it negative for her again" my mum was giving me that look, i could tell she was angry at me so i just ignored it.

"you need to support her, you're her brother and that's what you're meant to do, so just grow up and stop making her feel like crap everyday"

i saw her phone sitting on the table where she left it, and i quickly grabbed it and put it in my pocket, getting up from the table, i also took my plate up to my room, so i could eat away from my parents, they take everything the wrong way when it comes to me, i'm not good at expressing how i feel, but i wish they could just see

all i want to do is protect y/n.

i got to my room and pulled her phone out of my pocket, seeing it had received a notification only a couple minutes ago.
it was a snapchat notification

"Colson added you to the group!"
the group didn't have a name, it just read some names of some boys, maybe they just hadn't changed the name yet
"Colson, Sean, Caleb"
"fuck this" they're the guys that were constantly making her come home in tears, the ones who humiliated her everyday, the ones who were slowly ruining her mental health.
when she started year 9, she was the happiest kid i knew, she always came home smiling, wanting to tell me about her day, she always did her homework, left home on time, came back the same time everyday, i smiled, i missed that y/n, when she was happy.
she's like a stranger now, she never leaves her room, i never see her smile, she always looks close to tears, always coming home late, leaving for school late, never handing in her homework, but she still somehow manages to go there everyday, i don't know how she does it

the last thing im going to do is give her her phone back when she's been added to this, i know exactly what will happen, they will make fun of her until she's terrified to go into school tomorrow, until she's locking herself in her room all day and all night, but for them it's only "banter"

my biggest regret is not being nice to her when she was genuinely happy, like today i just found it off how happy she was, i didn't want to upset her, i'm just used to never seeing her smile

i'm slowly losing her, and that can't happen

i can't lose y/n.

———————

end of chapter 13!

i feel bad for y/n:(

anyways, let me know your thoughts!

-3v13ishere,

thursday, 4th may 2023, 23:04pm.