Transplant

There is a horror legend in the hospital about corpses in the mortuary snatching the hearts of living people to resurrect themselves. The legend originated from a quarrel between a woman and her husband. The woman rushed out of the door angrily and drove on the highway to go back to her mother's house. Suddenly, a car on the opposite side lost control and jumped over the guardrail. The two cars collided and rolled several times before coming to a stop. An ambulance arrived quickly and took her to the hospital. The woman's injuries were very serious; a steel branch had pierced her heart, but miraculously, she was still breathing. After a round of testing and screening, the hospital finally gave her a heart transplant, and she persevered tenaciously.

After a period of recuperation and recovery, she was finally able to go out into the field and was discharged from the hospital soon after. There was no rejection between her heart and herself, and all functions were normal. She had saved her life, and her family was very happy. But since then, she often dreamed of a woman she had never seen before, who was extremely enchanting. By chance, when she looked in the mirror, she saw that it was not her own reflection, but the image of the woman in her dream. "That must be the master of the heart in the body," she thought. So she asked her family who had donated her heart, but they said they didn't understand either. The hospital's test showed that the heart matched her body's function, so they had just replaced it.

As time passed, that woman appeared more and more frequently in her dreams. She didn't want to live in such an ambiguous way, and she didn't want to be troubled by that woman in the future. So she secretly asked the chief surgeon, and the doctor only revealed that it was the heart of the person who died on the spot in a collision. The deceased had voluntarily donated their organs before their death, and it just came in handy. She felt that the doctor's expression was the same as that of her family, as if they were hiding something. So she bribed someone, slipped into the morgue alone, and found the dead man who collided with her. Sure enough, it was that woman! But there was no wound on the opponent's chest, and there was no sign of having their heart removed. She was puzzled, so she searched for the deceased's relics, hoping to find some clues about their identity. Unexpectedly, she found a wallet with a picture of her husband inside.

She immediately called her husband, but no one answered. She called her husband's friends one by one and finally, a friend told her that her husband had given her his heart when he learned that she was in a car accident and was about to die. She finally understood everything. The reason why she kept seeing illusions was that her husband had always only had that woman in his heart. If the woman died, her husband would not be able to survive, so she chose to die and dedicated her heart to her "love" in the name of his wife. Soon, she was found lying in the morgue with her heart cut out and dropped to the ground.