Smile of the goddess

"Young man, are you here?" I was full of suspicion when I heard these words before even taking off my shoes and socks. They didn't use much force but pierced my ears like an embroidery needle, disappearing in an instant. It felt like the speaker knew me very well, was waiting for me, and calling me. The room wasn't as eerie as I imagined. It was bright and filled with the fragrance of flowers. Behind the sorceress, there was a statue of Guanyin on the wall with an incense burner in front of it, but there was no incense in the burner. Further down, there was a large cabinet with stacks of golden-colored papers arranged neatly like a book but not a book.

"Auntie, do you know me?" I took a breath, sat cross-legged, and looked carefully at the person in front of me. The sorceress was around seventy years old, but the wrinkles on her face were faintly visible, and there were no age spots. Even more amazing was that she had bright eyes and a childlike innocent smile. There was an old square table between us with a strange rice container on the sorceress's left-hand side, with a relief in the shape of a dog's head.

"I don't know you. Someone called and said that a young man would come. I guessed it was you!" The sorceress picked up the teacup on the table, took a sip, and spoke slowly.

"Oh, yes, Uncle Zhang introduced me." I replied respectfully. Suddenly, an imperceptible and mysterious smile appeared on the corner of the witch's mouth, passing by in a flash. "Wow! This witch keeps up with the times and even uses a mobile phone!" I thought to myself. "Wait a minute, what happened to that smile just now? Did she have another customer to kill?" I had been thinking about it all day long.