Adventures on the road

"When I first recovered, I drove a large vehicle with my master and his nephew. The master was responsible for operating the vehicle. At that time, there were few highways, and we traveled on national highways. One morning during breakfast, the master's nephew told us about his nightmare from the previous night, where he dreamed of accidentally running over a little girl dressed in red. The dream was so vivid that it woke him up.

Upon hearing this, the master reassured him and advised him to be more cautious on the road. We continued on our journey towards Chengdu and stopped in a village near the national highway in Hebi, Henan. Suddenly, the master's nephew spotted the little girl he had dreamt of. He asked me to accompany him to her home, where we informed her parents of his nightmare and asked for the little girl's red dress to dispose of it. Her parents agreed.

The master spread the red clothes on the ground in front of the vehicle, and his nephew drove over them with the large cart. Afterwards, we burned the red clothes and continued on our journey, safe and sound. However, on our return trip from Chengdu to Hebei, not far from our destination in Hebi, I fell asleep around five o'clock in the afternoon, and my master's nephew was driving the vehicle when he ran over a little girl, killing her on the spot.

After the accident, we quickly got out of the car and realized that it was the same little girl whose parents had given us the red dress just seven days before. I was filled with horror. The girl's parents came out and, upon seeing us, did not react aggressively. They simply stated that it was fate. I asked the master what had happened, and he said that he had been watching his nephew the entire time and knew he wasn't dozing off. It was just an unfortunate accident that occurred without warning. The master took responsibility and paid the family 5,000 yuan (which was a substantial sum at that time) before driving away. To this day, I still find the incident perplexing."