I threw my head back, laughing. This girl. Unbelievable. "Oh would you shut up! I love your drawing!"

Case in point, it now adorned the walls of my room instead of my stupid nightmare painting.

That nightmare painting had never brought me joy. Lexi's drawing did.

"It's so beautiful Blake... I can't believe you did that," Lexi repeated, her arms still around my neck.

I gapped at her, in faux shock, "Have you been underestimating my artistic talents?" I asked her, still laughing.

My Pumpkin really made me too happy. I felt like all the crap from the last week completely melted away with her beside me.

"No not at all but this is... it's amazing, Blake."

I kissed the top of her head, happy she was glad with the present. I'd really stressed for nothing. "I'm glad you love it."

"Honestly I don't know what I did to deserve you. You're too talented, too good at everything. It's unfair you know," she said, looking a little pouty.

I laughed again. She had it all wrong. I was the one that didn't deserve her and was lucky enough to be loved by her. Not the other way around.

I let her stare at the painting for a little while longer until I finally said, "Come on now, the night is young, and I need to feed you again if I want to be a good boyfriend."

That got her attention. "More food?" she asked with a grin.

She was too predictable and I loved it. "Always more food," I assured her, and took her hand in my own, dragging her to my car.

I put on Fefe Dobson's album because I knew she loved it and then drove us to the restaurant.

I'd racked my brain to figure out where the best place would be to bring her to dinner for her birthday, but then figured out bringing her to the same place as what I considered our first date would be the best option.

I could see when Lexi realized where we were going when a big goofy grin appeared on her face.

I probably could have only brought her to the Chinese buffet for her birthday and made her happy.

Once we were seated, the same table as last time, I mentioned it. "Honestly, dating you is so easy. I could just give you food and you'd be happy."

My Pumpkin narrowed her eyes at me. "Is this a complaint?"

"The contrary."

"Food is so good," she whined.

I grinned at her. "Food is indeed good."

I let her go to pile food on her plate and once we were back at our table asked, "So? Now that you're officially eighteen, any life plans?"

"Well, try not to get arrested now, since I'm an adult and shall be tried as one if I get caught," she replied before shoving food in her mouth.

I chuckled. "Smart, yes. Love my criminal mastermind girlfriend."

"You're lucky because she loves you too," she said, taking a second to answer, her mouth full.

"Any other plans?"

"Do we really have to talk about what to do with our future? I don't want to stress again."

I laughed at her pouting. "I don't mean big life plans. I mean, do you want to go somewhere this year? Do something? You love music so much, but I have no idea if you've ever gone to a concert. Would you like to do that?"