Chess

In my city, there is a park dedicated to the elderly. A place where the youthfulness of their spirits can shine through their aged shells.
This park has plenty of tables that are fixed with chessboards, where the game of kings is played with a passion that transcends time.
As you traverse through this idyllic retreat, you can not help but notice that the elder statesmen engaged in profound competition and friendly banter.

Today, I had some free time, and I made my way towards this haven of chess.
From a distance, I observed two competitors intently. One player had already reached an unassailable position, but the other had a tenacity that was captivating, so I decided to stay and watch. Eventually, I began to explain the game to my friend, and to my surprise, the players beckoned us over.

Initially, the game appeared to be a tranquil affair with pieces scattered across the board, but as I approached, I felt the tension in the air, a palpable energy that could be cut with a knife. Both players were executing their moves with precision, each move becoming more calculated than the last.
They stood up to gain a better perspective, but suddenly, one of them made a move that was too eager, and he fell into his own trap.
It was at that moment that I knew the game was over, but the victory had been earned through a well-fought battle.

The elders looked at me and my friend and asked if we wanted to play. We politely declined because the time was not in our favour anymore. I won't forget their fierce eyes and how their gaze and game made me feel. It fired me up.
That's how real chess feels...

Their reaction after the game was over made me think of our life.

The game of chess serves as an analogy for life. We are all guilty of making hasty decisions, moving too quickly through the complexities of our existence.
However, sometimes, it is necessary to take a step back to assess the situation from afar, just like the elders did.
In doing so, we may gain a different perspective, see things that we may have missed, and ultimately make a better decision.

Play your game fiercely, driven by hope and tranquillity. Don't let anyone crush your soul in the mending. Win or lose, it's completely up to you.. but at least give your best fight.

Life is not a race thought; it is a game that we must play with great care and consideration. So, when you hear someone proclaim "check-mate," do not be surprised if it is a result of your own hastiness.