26| The Rude Awakening

      "They're en route." A voice rang out to inform all those in the command center. "The Death Star will arrive......in 15 minutes."

       The worried and fearful faces of many rebels looked at each other as they knew this would be it. The ultimate showdown between the Empire and the Rebellion. The confrontation the galaxy waited for.

      "Our forces are meeting them in the air as we speak, hopefully, they will slow it down." General Grafis let out.

      "Nothing will slow it down." Leia interjected from the round table in the middle of the room. "Nothing but the destruction of it entirely."

      On the other side of the room, Lyn finally had made it in after nearly getting trampled by the stampede, she thought she evaded by trying to show up early.

     She kept walking towards the table despite feeling the burning feeling of eyes on her. She ignored them and the intense feeling of fear they emitted that punched her gut. It felt as if the further she walked, the more eyes got to see her and the more the somber feelings in the room tripeld.

      "What is she doing here?"

      "This is suicide, I knew it."

      "It's too late for a retreat, we need to evacuate while we still can."

      Multiple voices whispered amongst themselves as Lyn was making her way down the small pathway to the table.

     "Lyn." A voice rang out as she turned her head quickly and stopped.

     "Axel." Lyn said as she looked around for his other half. "Nova." She said as she came into view and stood beside Axel.

      "What are you doing here?" Nova let out.

       "We thought they were going to gather a small squadron for you and that we'd be on there, but then the roster came out and your section was empty." Axel said.

"I wasn't aware of how low we were on ships when I told you two." Lyn explained being somewhat honest.

         "Then why didn't you help them choose at least? Garven, Jon, and Vyron seemed like they were picking names at random." Nova let out with a shake of her head. "The list was outrageous for a lot of us."

        "Oh please, the list was farkled." Axel chimed up saying what Nova really wanted to say. "Garven put some new guy before any of us—before other experienced pilots."

     "What the hell were they thinking?" Nova rolled her eyes.

      "Okay, look." Lyn brought the two closer to her. "You two calm down, don't let your egos hurt like some of the pilots here." She lowly scolded. "You need to trust in the leaders and what they were thinking and who they chose, or else we're dead already."

      Axel sighed as he looked at Lyn's hand. "So that's why you didn't pick right? Earlier when I saw that....I thought...." He shook his head not knowing why he always thought the Jedi were invincible, after all there was only one in his life that he's seen and she would most likely be the only one ever.