21| The Preparation • 2

       When the transport met with them, the two-guest welcoming party was overwhelmed with shock as they talked with the arrivals. The transport brought them around the temple and to the side where they were met with a hangar.

     After coming to a stop, everyone got off as they followed Leia who had wasted no time to start walking off. As they did, none of them could help their eyes from wandering around the place.

    Leia looked around at the rush that was happening, though it'd always been a rush in the hangar, it was more intense than usual. Lyn looked at all the faces and ships her eyes could reach and found them similar in a sense, some looked immensely beaten up as the others looked slightly less beaten up.

     Luke looked at the place with his mouth slightly agape, it wasn't what he imagined, it was better. The smell of oil and gas and the sound of metal being continuously hit as sparks flew from the ships was all surreal, and he loved every bit of it.

     When Han first saw the place he saw potential, though now that they brought him in, he couldn't help but to feel sorry for them. If this was what they had to fight against that big station, they were doomed. He was just glad he wouldn't be there when it happened; he'd be far from this place happy, alive, and rich.

     "Uh, can you tell them to move along, I can feel them drilling holes in my head." Han let out as he and Chewbacca were behind Lyn and Luke.

      "They're curious, I'd be too." Luke let out. As soon as they made it to the hangar, thousands of eyes were shot upon them.

      "Leia! Princess Leia!" A voice exclaimed causing their heads to turn abruptly.

      "Commander Willard!" Leia exclaimed as the man embraced Leia as he flooded with emotion.

      "Oh! I thought we lost you after we heard you were boarded by the Empire....then after we heard about Alderaan....along with the others, we just assumed—" Commander Willard stopped, pulling away from the hug as he became downhearted.

     "I understand, but there is no time for sorrows, Commander." Leia advised as her stomach twisted. "I believe the Empire is tracking us here as we speak."

     The Commander nodded as his stomach dropped in fright. He took a quick glance at the people that were just behind Leia and gasped at the familiar face.

       "Captain Reiden!" He moved with surprise to embrace her. "I'm glad to see you back, you're the first face from Scarif we've seen this far in." He said breaking the hug. "It's been a while, I'm sad to think you will be the last one....." He said with a soft shake of his head.

   "I know." Lyn nodded as she put her hand on his shoulder. "You should look on the bright side, Commander, we've got the plans and Leia back in our hands." She thinly smiled, releasing her hold on his shoulder.

      "I knew deep down that you wouldn't fail, but by the looks of it you not only brought the plans and Leia, but you've brought back the General." He spoke as he was bewildered at Lyn's accomplishments.

      "General?" Lyn questioned as Leia quickly spoke to two rebels who accompanied R2 to where he needed to be. Leia also quietly called for a nurse to come retrieve Lyn knowing she would get lost in everything that was going to happen in the next few hours.

Not Your Hope • Luke Skywalkerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें