Chapter 5: Silver Henderson

Start from the beginning

"Alright, that explains a lot of things-"

"She's here because my parents convinced the doctor. If 'Marie' stayed in France, she would have stayed in the hospital until something happened. So she's here with a 'family' so she can go to school or just go swimming. Apparently, integrating with the 'real world' helps recover memory. Now, that's all. Sorry I kept this from you, she's just the loner kind. Not very extroverted like you Liam."

"I must say, I'm impressed: she adapted quickly."

"Yeah, I did my best to help her learn fluent English. Oh by the way, Silver I wanted to ask what did the two of you talked the night you met?"

"Not much, we argued and did a race before you arrived. And she told me I had a beautiful name."

"Silver, that's a useless fact," mocks Max.

So that's why she keeps asking him for a word translation. What a weird demon. Liam sits on the end of the bed and starts talking with Max and Rebecca. Lucie opens the windows and invites James to come to breathe some fresh air. 

"Are we seriously going to stay in this room until Demonia wakes up? "

"I mean yeah, we already skipped school so..."

I sigh and sit on the other armchair. I scroll through my phone for the whole afternoon. When the sleeping beauty wakes up it's practically the end of the visiting hour. She sits, ignoring James's recommendations, and takes off the needle in her arm. 

"Marie for god sake, stop doing this."

"What are you all doing here ?"

She takes off her mask and it falls on me.

"Be careful, Demonia," I say annoyed. 

Marie stares at me and I prefer to shut up. She put her attention back on James and I can sigh. Damn, I just got death scared by a demon. That was the most terrifying moment of my life. I thought I was going to die. The doctor barge into the room, panicked. He looks at 'Marie' and sighs. 

" Miss Marie, will you please stop doing this ? You're gonna give me a heart attack, one day."

"Right."

"I called the doctor Vidal, we talked about you. So don't you have anything to tell me?"

She takes two minutes to think. 

" A little bird told me you started swimming. Mind explaining, why I was not aware of that?"

" Ah merde, je comptais le faire. Ça fait moins d'un mois et je vous-"

What is she saying? James sighs, retaining his laugh. 

"Marie, personne ne comprend ce que tu dis."

" Effectivement. I am sorry but can't I start an activity when I want to?"

"Marie, this is not right. You at least need to tell me about it."

The doctor looks at Marie before looking at James. He gets up and asks us to leave the room. We get out, leaving the doctor alone with his demonic patient. We wait in the chair outside the room. And ten minutes later, the coach arrived.