Chapter 23 - Stay

Jungkook

Oh shit.

V was staring directly at my hand.

"What do you think you're doing with him?" He seethed; baring his teeth.

I gulped and began to loosen my grip on Jimin's waist, but he immediately started to slip. So I leaned down and yanked him upwards to steady his exhausted body against mine again.

"Get off him!" V yelled, suddenly launching himself at me.

But Jimin jerked awake and clumsily pushed him away. "No! Leave him alone!"

V's angry gaze moved from mine to Jimin's, and that's when I saw the hurt flash in his eyes.

"I-"

"Fuck off!" He snapped, before storming out of the room.

"K-Kamsahamnida," I whispered; feeling ashamed of my presence.

"It's not your fault. He was out of line," RM interjected.

I bit my lip and looked down at Jimin.

I shouldn't be here.

"I think I should leave. I don't want to upset him again. Can you take Jimin Hyung?" I asked, glancing at the other four members.

"No. You're staying," Suga stated firmly. "I don't care how angry Taehyung-ah is. You helped Jimin-ah when he needed it, and for that, you deserve to be treated with respect. I'll go talk to him."

The others just stood there in shock, as we all watched him leave the room.

"Well, I guess Yoongi-yah likes you," J-Hope chuckled amusedly. "You must have made a pretty good impression on him."

I smiled bashfully and awkwardly adjusted Jimin's restless body; trying to avoid the sudden compliment.

"I think it's safe to say, you have made a good impression on all of us...Jungkook, was it?" Jin asked, trying to clarify my name.

"Oh, ah yes. Jeon Jungkook. But you can call me whatever you like," I said with a bright smile.

"Aish. This boy is handsome. He might even give me a run for my money," Jin joked hitting my shoulder. "Anyway, let's get Jimin-ah to his room and I'll serve you something to eat. It's been a long night."

I nodded and quickly followed; trying my best not to let Jimin's body fall to the ground again.

When we made it to the end of the short hallway, we turned left and Jin opened a door with the word 'Jimin' painted in blue on it.

"You can put him down here. I'll make sure Hope-ah cleans him up," Jin said, pointing to the bed in the middle of the room.

I carefully lay Jimin down and watched as his hair puffed out behind his head like a halo.

He really is an angel.

"Right. Now, how hungry are you? I can make whatever you like," Jin offered.

My stomach grumbled and my face instantly turned red. "Honestly, I will eat whatever you make. I don't get the chance to eat many meals."

Jin gasped and shook his head in disapproval. "Well, we will change that. Follow me."

I skipped after him like some sort of lovestruck puppy; feeling the happiest I'd felt in a while.

As we entered the kitchen, I noticed a cold bowl of Tteokbokki sitting on the bench.

"Aish. That was for Jiminie. Tae wanted to surprise him...but I guess that didn't happen," Jin sighed.

I pursed my lips and frowned.

He really does love him.

"You can have it if you like. I can always make more. Unless you wanted something else?"

I stared at the lonely bowl and hummed. "Could I feed Jimin Hyung the food? He hasn't eaten since being sick."

Jin's expression turned a little worrisome and I began to panic.

"Or not. If you wanted V-ssi to give it to him," I added quickly.

"Ani. I think it's a good idea. Jimin-ah needs to eat something. He is always on a diet and I worry he's already lost too much weight," Jin explained.

I nodded and looked at the microwave.

"Ah, but could you heat it up, please? I'm afraid of them," I said embarrassingly.

Jin's brows frowned in confusion and suddenly I felt ridiculous. "Afraid of what? The microwave?"

I bit my lip and looked down; nodding again.

"Oh, okay. You sit and I'll heat it up. Then I'll make you something special for being so kind to our sweet Donsaeng."

I smiled gratefully and sat; swinging my legs wildly.

I love this place. They're all so nice. Well...everyone except V.

"So, tell me Jungkookie, who is your bias?" Jin asked randomly, causing me to pause my movement.

Shit. What do I say? Do I lie and say I don't have one?

"Ah, I-"

"And don't lie. I'll know," Jin said with a serious expression.

He's scary when he wants to be.

"J-Jimin...and V?" I stuttered, nervously picking at my fingernails.

"Are you not sure?"

"Huh? Oh, no I-I like them," I confessed; feeling my cheeks blush.

God. Does he want me to spell it out?

"Oh, you do? Well, that must have been disappointing to see one of your favourite idols lash out at you like that then. Honestly, I think V just feels intimidated by you. He really is a sweetheart, but when it comes to Jimin...well, let's just say he has his reasons."

His reasons?

My puzzled expression must have amused Jin because he chuckled and ruffled my hair up. "Don't stress about it though. I'm sure the more time you spend with them, the sooner Tae will grow to like you. As for Jimin...I reckon you've already succeeded with that," Jin said with a sly wink.

What is happening right now?

I gulped and shifted on the seat; unsure of how to react to what he just said.

"Oh! Mianhaeyo. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Sometimes I take the role of the embarrassing Hyung too far."

I smiled shyly and nodded. "It's okay. It's just a little weird to hear you say things like that because I thought stuff like this only ever happened in dreams."

"I guess you're right," Jin said amusedly. "Anyway, this is warm now. I'll put it on a tray so you can take it to Jimin-ah. Do you remember how to get back to his room?"

I nodded and stood; ready to take the tray.

"And tell Jimin-ah to rest. I don't want him getting worked up today."

"Okay. Kamsahamnida."