Chapter 1 - Feeling lucky?

Jungkook

Wahhhh. How can one group be so talented?

I had officially gone down the rabbit hole an hour ago and was now watching my sixth straight video of BTS' most iconic songs.

As Blood, Sweat and Tears came on, I felt myself being drawn in deeper.

I was now completely captivated; watching on with my mouth agape.

This was one performance I could never get sick of. So regal.

When Jimin flicked his jacket effortlessly from his shoulder, I smacked the pause button; studying the lines of his body like an art connoisseur.

He is exceptionally beautiful.

The way his head was thrown back exposing the soft skin of his neck, made my body burn from the inside.

Although I had been an Army for over 5 years, I had only recently started to develop a particular attraction towards certain members.

Well, two members.

Jimin and V.

VMin.

The duo that had taken my heart and molded it with their bare hands.

If only they knew.

I closed my eyes and tried to picture the day I might meet them, but it always had the same outcome; me making an absolute fool of myself, while they laughed at me with pity. I'm such a loser.

I sighed and opened my eyes; absently resuming the video.

A minute later, V's broad shoulders filled the screen and I felt my eyes widen.

I need serious help.

As I looked into his smoldering eyes, a notification banner popped up at the top of the screen.

Wait...BTS?

I quickly switched out of YouTube and opened Weverse; clicking on their newest post.

Dae bak! This can't be real... This CANNOT be real!

I scrolled down the announcement and read:

Giveaway - Ten lucky fans to win a private one-hour meeting with BANGTAN SONYEONDAN, on 2018.09.01!

DAE BAK! A whole hour...with BTS...on my birthday!! This is my chance to be friends with BTS! With VMin! God or whoever is up there, if you're listening... I will never ask for anything else in my entire life if you let me win this. Please, please, pleasssssse.

To win, send a short 30-second video to xxx.xxx@BTSmanagement.com, outlining why you want to meet BTS.

-All applicants must be over 18 years of age.

-All submissions must be in a suitable viewing format and contain no inappropriate language.

-No repeat submissions accepted. If any are found, you will be immediately removed from the running.

-No further submissions will be accepted after 2018.08.01 at 12 pm KST.

Winners to be announced on 2018.08.22 at 4 pm KST.

Good luck,

BTS.

This is my chance!

I quickly scrambled for my camera and set it up on the tripod in front of my window. I studied my face on the small screen and noticed my cheeks were completely flushed. God! Why do I have to look so desperate?!

I started fanning my hands in front of my face to try and reduce the redness, but the movement only made me sweat more. Seriously?!

I threw myself back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. Why can't I be cool like them?

I tilted my head backward and glanced up at the wall behind me, where all my BTS memorabilia was proudly displayed; posters, fan cards, and various close-up drawings of the members.

How did I get to this point? I'm almost 21 years old and I'm here fangirling over a bunch of guys that are quite frankly out of my league... But I love them all so much! Especially VMin...

I huffed a piece of hair from my face and sat up. They are the greatest humans on the planet.

I got up and walked to the bathroom to pat some cool water on my face, and when I looked up at my reflection, the redness in my cheeks had started to dissipate. Thank God.

I made my way back to the camera and adjusted the angle, so it caught my face straight on.

Alright, now just act natural. Be yourself. Love yourself. You are ARMY. Therefore, BTS loves you.

I had gotten into the habit of giving myself a pep talk every time I felt insecure or unsure of myself.

Imagine if you win, you will get to be in the same room as them. They might even smile at you... Just imagine.

The thought was enough to lift my spirits, as I pressed the record button.

"Annyeonghaseyo BTS! I am Jeon Jungkook. I would love to meet you because I believe I am your biggest fanboy," I said pointing at the screen for dramatic effect.

"I have been your fan since your debut, and have collected all your albums. I have watched all your award shows and performances. I have never missed a Live. And I have learned all your dance choreography."

Should I tell them my birthday falls on that day? Or is that too embarrassing?

I hesitated momentarily to wipe my sweat-covered hands on the front of my pants before continuing on.

"Plus, the 1st of September is my 21st birthday...and it would be the BEST birthday present ever! So please consider my submission and I REALLY hope you allow me this opportunity. Kamsahamnidaaaaaa!"

I gave the camera one final bunny smile and stopped the record button. I pulled the camera off the stand and plonked down on the bed; eyeing the screen hesitantly. Please, let this be it.

I pressed play and watched myself back; scrutinizing my every expression and word. When it ended, I exhaled loudly and ran my hands through my hair. I think it'll be okay... I hope it will.

I picked up the camera and took it over to my desk; plugging it into my computer. As I typed in the email address and attached the video, I prayed with all my strength. Please... I crossed my fingers, toes, arms, legs...and even my eyes, before reaching across and pressing send. Pleaseeeeeeee!

When the whooshing sound ended, I covered my eyes and sat still for a few minutes, trying to collect my thoughts. Okay, twenty more days. Then you'll know. I removed my hands and shut off the computer, before deciding to go for a run.

As I got changed into my running gear, I ponded life some more. Maybe VMin will like me... A boy can dream.

A/N: Welcome back everyone! I hope you're enjoying it so far.

This book will be a bit of a slow burn but that's because I want to really develop my characters and build some suspense.

Currently, I've written the first 10 chapters and I will be updating it every Wednesday night unless I get carried away. Which will probably happen.

So I hope you look forward to it.

Ps. I'd absolutely love it if you could vote and comment along the way. Because honestly, I want to fangirl with you. 

Saranghae! 💜