A date night part one

Drinking that is it. 

I heard my alarm going off, today is a well-deserved date night for Matt but first work. I cleaned myself up then I woke Jake up. I made us breakfast, I ate the toast and eggs I made. Then I walked to work. As I walked Matt and I talked and then Matt asked " Do you have any food you want me to make tonight?" I answered " Um I would like pork chops and asparagus." Matt said " Got it, I will pick some asparagus up when I go shopping later on." I nodded then asked " What time should I come over?" Matt replied " Maybe 7:30 if you are off work at that time." I said " I Should be." He nodded. We walked and talked about what Matt did last night that way I knew what to write about and where to look. Then we ran into Foggy and we parted ways. 

When I got to work, I saw Mr. Stable in my office. I went in and I greeted him. I asked " What's up?" He answered " Well, I need you to write two articles." I nodded and I asked " What are they?" He answered " I need you to talk to Danny Rand." I nodded and I asked " When?" He answered " This afternoon." I nodded. And then Mr. Stable handed me a paper that had the address and I nodded I said " I will get on it then." He said " Thank you Y/l/n." I said " Welcome sir." He left and I started digging into what Matt did last night. Then when I saw the time it was 11 am. I went to the train station and I went to the address and when I got there I saw a large building. I then walked in and said " Y/l/n to see Danny Rand." The receptionist said " Okay, please follow me." I nodded and I followed her. We walked to an office when we got there I saw different Katanas on the wall then I saw a woman who was talking with Danny Rand. They both noticed me and I said " Sorry I didn't know someone was in here." Danny came over to me and said " It's fine Mrs. Y/l/n." I said " Okay." He said " Please have a seat." He continued asking " Can I get you anything?" I answered " No thank you." He said " Of course." The woman introduced herself and said " I am Colleen Wing Danny's friend." I said " Nice to meet you." Danny said " So how do interviews work because I haven't done this before." I giggled and said " So, I just ask you a few questions and you answer them if there are any questions that you don't want to answer then we can skip those questions." Danny nodded understanding. 

I then pulled out my notebook and jotted down what the date is, who I am talking to, and lastly the time. I said " Okay so since you have taken over your family's company what are you planning to do?" Danny answered " I am hoping to expand the investment part of the company and to keep researching going." I nodded taking the notes down. I then asked " What made you want to take over the company now?" He answered " Um, I-I thought it was time to take over my family's legacy." I nodded. I then asked " How do you deal with the stress of making such big decisions for your company?" Danny looked a little surprised and then he said " I haven't had any reporter ask that." I said " Sorry, this is a personal question." Danny said " No it's fine. I mainly just meditate." I nodded. I then said " So because of you stepping into the light finally the next questions get more personal and if they bring anything back please feel free to tell me that way we can take a break." Danny said " Okay." I asked " What was it like when you were growing up and knowing that later on, you would have to take over a huge company?" Danny answered " It was sometimes a little stressful." I nodded and asked " What was it like growing up?" He answered " I don't want to answer that question." I nodded and said " Sorry Mr. Rand." He said " It's fine Mrs. Y/l/n please continue the interview." I nodded and I continued to interview Danny. I asked what his favorite food is What were his favorite local places in Hell's Kitchen, and a few more questions. 

After an hour I said " We are all done Mr. Rand." He said " Okay." I asked " Why am I booked for an hour and a half?" Danny answered " Well, I saw some of your articles before and I wanted to ask you a few things." I said " Okay." He asked " How is Murdock doing?" I asked " Why are you wondering?" He answered " Well, we meet before but we didn't stay in touch." I nodded understanding. Then Danny said " I see a small look in your eye." He proceeds to ask " Do you have a personal connection to Murdock?" I answered " Yes sir I do." He nodded and asked " How?" I answered " We are in a relationship." He nodded and said " That's nice." I said cautiously " Yeah." I continued to answer the first question Danny asked me " He is good though." Danny responded " Good." I nodded and I asked " Any other questions Mr. Rand?" He answered " Nope." I nodded and said " It was good to meet you then sir and I hope that all you want to accomplish does happen." He said " Thank you Y/n." Danny walked me out and we shaked hands but in his hand was a piece of paper. I asked " What is this?" He answered " My personal number please give it to Matthew when you see him." I said " I will." He smiled and said " Thank you." I said " Welcome and have a good day Danny." I then walked to the train station and I went back to work. 

 As soon as I got back I called Matt. He picked up and said " What's up sweetheart?" I said " Um I am going to be late tonight." Matt asked " Why?" I answered "Well I have to finish up the daredevil article but I also have to write a whole other article." Matt asked " How long do you think it will take you?"  I answered  " I think until 10 pm." I said " But I can try to do the work while you're making us dinner." Matt said suggesting " Maybe ask your boss when he needs the article." I said " Good idea, I will call you back in a few minutes and let you know." Matt said " Okay." I hung up and walked to Mr. Stable's office. He said " I didn't know you were back." I said " Sorry sir I forgot to come and see you." He nodded and asked " How did it go with Mr. Rand?" I answered " It went well, I got a lot of questions answered so that is good." I then asked " When do I need to get this article turned in?" Mr. Stable answered" By the end of this week." I nodded and said " Thank you sir." He said " Welcome Y/l/n." I walked out and I went back to my office and I called Matt I said " Nevermind I will be on time today." Matt said " Good." I said " I also have something to give you when I see you and I think it will be a surprise to you." Matt asked " What?" I answered " An old friend's phone number." Matt said cautiously " Okay?" I said " It's good." I said " I got to go and work on that Daredevil article so, I will see you later." Matt said " kay see you later sweetheart." I hung up and I continued writing the article on Matt's other life. 

After a few hours, it was finally 6:30 pm and I finished the article on what Daredevil did, I turned in the article and left to go home and get ready for my date with Matt. I walked as fast as I could so I would have time to shower. I finally came home I went to my shower and I washed my hair, then my body then I got out. I decided that I would change into jeans, a black tank top, and a hoodie that I stole from Matt. I saw the time and it was 7:15 pm. I went over to Jake who was sitting on the couch reading a book and I said " I have a date at  Matt's place tonight, please go to bed at 10 pm." He said "Okay." I asked Jake " Are you ready to go to school?" Jake put his book down and asnwered " Yeah, but it has been a long time since I went to school so I am a little nervous." I nodded understanding. Then Jake asked " When is your date?" I answered " At 7:30." He said " You should go it is 7: 20." I said "Yeah." I kissed his forehead and I said " See you later, love you." Jake said " Yeah, love you too." I smiled and Jake closed the door and he locked it. 

I knocked on Matt's door and I heard the door open. Matt was in jeans and a black shirt, I said " Hey." Matt said " Hey." I walked in and the smell of cinnamon candles filled my nose. I said " I like the candles." He said " Thanks, I remember you had the cinnamon candles so I thought you would like them." I said " I do." I then asked " But is it hurting your nose?" He said " No." I nodded and I said " Okay." I then said " So the thing that I have to give you is a phone number so I need your phone." Matt handed me his phone. I put in Danny's phone number and I handed Matt his phone back. He then had his phone read out the contact after it read name and number out. Matt asked " Was Danny the second article?" I answered " Yeah." he said " Woah, how did he know we know each other?" I answered " Um he knew that I did an article on you and Foggy." Matt nodded and asked " What else does he know?" I answered " He knows that we were together, that is it." Matt nodded understanding. Matt had already started cooking our food.  We talked about work and how our day was, I then brought up how my mom was coming here in three weeks. I asked " Could I have you meet her?" Matt answered " Um, yeah that would be fine." I smiled and hugged Matt, then I said " Thank you." Matt smiled and lifted me up and he sat me on the counter, Matt kissed me and I kissed back. 

Matt asked " What would you like to drink?" I answered " Wine if you have any." He said " Yeah, I have some." Matt handed me the bottle and a glass. I said "Thank you." Matt said " Welcome." I poured some wine and took a sip. Matt finished making dinner and he said " Go sit at the table, I will bring the food to you." I nodded and I went to the table. Matt then came over a few seconds later and he set my plate down and I started eating. I said " This is great." Matt said "Good, I'm happy you like it." We ate and talk then Matt said " I was wondering um if say next week I take you somewhere special to me." I said " Sure," I continued saying jokingly " Just don't kill me." He laughed and said " I will not kill you yet." I laughed. We then talked about where I wanted to take my mom when she visits me. 

We finished eating and then we sat down and started listening to music and talking.